the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Good answers, thanks MTC. I hadn't considered mesh pants, I have a nice hi-viz mesh jacket that does the trick. What's a Buff ?EmptySea_imp said:I find my mesh Olympia motorcycle pants to be cooler than jeans so I wear those over some gym shorts. I wear my mesh jacket and a Dri-fit type of t-shirt. I don't have one of those cooling collars, but I'm thinking about getting one. Instead, I wear a Buff around my neck or on my head which I can soak with water if need be. if it gets bad, I soak the t-shirt, too. If I had a half or open-faced helmet and if it was a slow ride, I'd probably wear one. I'm a full-face helmet kinda guy, though, so I just take the visor off and wear my sunglasses if I want more breeze.
I know you asked The Ferret, but I had nothing better to do, so I thought I'd chime in.
Chapomis_imp said:Curious as to what gear you wear when it gets past 80 degrees ? It rarely gets past 80 here. Above 80 I will stick to the Spyder with shorts and a half helmet, but not for 2 wheels. This weekend I am joining a big charity ride for Vets and the temps will be 80 and above.
Good answers, thanks MTC. I hadn't considered mesh pants, I have a nice hi-viz mesh jacket that does the trick. What's a Buff ?Chapomis_imp said:Good answers, thanks MTC. I hadn't considered mesh pants, I have a nice hi-viz mesh jacket that does the trick. What's a Buff ?EmptySea_imp said:I find my mesh Olympia motorcycle pants to be cooler than jeans so I wear those over some gym shorts. I wear my mesh jacket and a Dri-fit type of t-shirt. I don't have one of those cooling collars, but I'm thinking about getting one. Instead, I wear a Buff around my neck or on my head which I can soak with water if need be. if it gets bad, I soak the t-shirt, too. If I had a half or open-faced helmet and if it was a slow ride, I'd probably wear one. I'm a full-face helmet kinda guy, though, so I just take the visor off and wear my sunglasses if I want more breeze.
I know you asked The Ferret, but I had nothing better to do, so I thought I'd chime in.
The ferret_imp said: