Misano Moto GP **** SPOILER ALERT ***

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
This weekend should see the championship points tighten up. Misano is tailor made for the Yamahas and a nightmare track for the Hondas. Rossi and Lorenzo have to be the favorites. Marquez could see himself way down in the finishing order. I only hope he rides like he did before Silverstone - with some maturity and a long view of the championship. He can't afford a DNF.

FP2 (riders in Q2)

1 P. ESPARGARO 1:32.769
2 D. PEDROSA +0.065
3 A. DOVIZIOSO +0.132
4 J. LORENZO +0.280
5 M. MARQUEZ +0.427
6 V. ROSSI +0.618
7 C. CRUTCHLOW +0.731
8 S. REDDING +0.783
9 H. BARBERA +0.812
10 M. VIÑALES +0.860
 
Dani's cool. I'd like to see him do well. That said, I think Marc will get it dialed in soon. Where's Iannone?
 
Thread starter
Iannone suffered a crash in FP1 and fractured his D3 vertebra. He's undergoing an evaluation to see if he can participate in FP3 tomorrow.
 
The real strengths will be revealed in tomorrows qualifying session. As much as I'd like to see Dani win one, a win by Espargaro on the Yamaha would add another first time winner and make this years series a real cracker. Should be a most interesting race.
 
You can watch qualifying to orrow morning on 620 at 8 am I think
 
Here's the lineup for tomorrow's race.

Lorenzo Breaks Circuit Best Record, Takes MotoGP Pole Position At Misano (Updated) - Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News

Lorenzo is sure to try his disappearing act at the front. Marquez looked desperate in his efforts to match Lorenzo's pace during qualifying, barely in control braking into some corners. Lorenzo and Marquez were exiting the pit lane at the same time and Lorenzo waved Marquez ahead, not wanting MM to have the advantage of a tow during the latter part of the session.
 
Yea that exchange between Lorenzo and Marquez was funny. Wonder why Marquez squander another chance to improve his grid position by just crusing around.
 
27 minutes u til the lights go out!
 
Well, there you go, Ferret. That was the ride you've been waiting for. Rossi must have thought for a bit that he had it in the bag. Dani was too good for him.
 
HOW ABOUT THAT!

What a race. Glad you guys couldn't see me in my living room during the last half of that race lol. Of course happy for Dani. He's had it tough of late, but today showed what he is capable of doing. I hope he's back.

My goodness the support for Rossi is overwhelming isn't it?

Didn't agree with fans booing Lorenzo. Lorenzo was more magnaimous in his interview than I have ever heard. No excuses. Interviewer: " what went wrong?" Lorenzo: " Nothing, they were faster than me today". Refreshing from Lorenzo.
 
Very glad for Dani. He's a class act and it's nice to see a win go his way. Jorge was indeed gracious toward Dani. Rossi was only gracious enough to not look like a jerk.

Interesting was the tire choice drama. Soft > medium > hard. Each track is different, I guess. I think Marc was guessing that a hot track surface would be kinder to the harder tire. Didn't turn out that way.
 
All three races were exciting, Moto3 being the best by far as usual.

Very happy for Dani. He rode brilliantly to a much deserved win.
 
Back
Top