Millwood - Manor Road

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
About 50 miles west of home is a little county road that weaves through some nice farm country between the small towns of Millwood and Manor. We four-laned it to Millwood this morning on US82 and then turned south on the Millwood-Manor Road.

A stop for gas in Waycross.

e94f4df4ae8ce949d435c5909df5ab24.jpg


Wildflowers at old rail crossing in Millwood.

ba4fe91588175b99f9c347460a2f2e80.jpg


81957c4780e612e20e32f23e0c9a08ff.jpg


4ab3e34199d3edaa65c5bd9141bfcf1e.jpg


The remains of an old Pecan tree stands guard over a field of ripe Squash.

09ce9d395b612a7d1fc46cf0f18ffb03.jpg


f74c8e3b32741b3add6eb46f0335c154.jpg


bc966d6e462ef8fff5cb9368be522cb4.jpg


A stop in Manor for an ice cream sandwich then to home.

5905a5f41081adad717f6b8ec2c124f0.jpg
















293a259500b9178034503f0475b42608.jpg
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Looks like a wonderful day on wonderful roads with wonderful people. :)
+1 and great pics

Girls sure like ice cream ;)
 
Nice pics Redbirds. Looks like a great day for a ride.
 
Great pictures. Great day with hardly a cloud in the sky. Can't think of a better way to enjoy it.

Like that yellow helmet. What brand is it?
 
I was surprised you said 50 miles to get to small back roads, I assumed it was like my area where small back roads were every where.....I don't think I've ridden my CB1100 more than 10 miles straight at any one time on a big highway to get somewhere.
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
I was surprised you said 50 miles to get to small back roads, I assumed it was like my area where small back roads were every where.....I don't think I've ridden my CB1100 more than 10 miles straight at any one time on a big highway to get somewhere.
Yeah, plenty of little back roads all round but we set out to ride this one that day so we took the fast route getting there. We did take the slow (and fun) way back home.
 
Back
Top