Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact

I agree with Stichell. Thoughtful post.

Just to show different riding styles and all, I find the stock Dunlops fine on both my CB and ST. I will say living on the coastal plains means most riding is straight up. Tires tend to wear flat in the middle with lots of side left :)
 
I just had Metzeler Z8's installed, since I wanted stock sizing, and something different than the Bridgestone BT-54's (front BT54 wore out way too fast at 10,000km).

On my first ride with the Z8's, I find the bike handling to be much different. The bike falls into a lean waaaay easier. At first it was a bit unnerving, but then became a bit more fun. I think it'll just take some getting used to. The easier lean is likely due to the tire shape, which you can see in Henrik's photos above. My old BT-54 rear tire was also quite squared off before being replaced, so I'm probably hitting a double whammy.

The Z8 seems more compliant, absorbing small bumps much more than the BT54s.

We'll see about mileage. From the posts above, I should start to be on the lookout for rear cords around the 10K kilometer mark.
 
I did not care for the Metzeler Z8 and replaced it after about 840 miles and put on a Continental Trail Attack 3 which I like much better.
Metzeler made in China and the Continental made in Germany.....
 
Townie_imp said:
I just had Metzeler Z8's installed, since I wanted stock sizing, and something different than the Bridgestone BT-54's (front BT54 wore out way too fast at 10,000km).

On my first ride with the Z8's, I find the bike handling to be much different. The bike falls into a lean waaaay easier. At first it was a bit unnerving, but then became a bit more fun. I think it'll just take some getting used to. The easier lean is likely due to the tire shape, which you can see in Henrik's photos above. My old BT-54 rear tire was also quite squared off before being replaced, so I'm probably hitting a double whammy.

The Z8 seems more compliant, absorbing small bumps much more than the BT54s.

We'll see about mileage. From the posts above, I should start to be on the lookout for rear cords around the 10K kilometer mark.
The ol' Bridgestones were probably a harder ride (less compliant) due to age.
 
Back
Top