Met a new CB owner

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
So, A while after I bought my bike my dealership grabbed another '14 CB1100, then sold it shortly after that, so I knew there was another one of us somewhere in my town besides me and SCCBrider. Today, pulled right up next to him on my way to work. We chatted in traffic a bit, and I gave him the website.

This left me wondering, though, do we have business cards or any kind of flag or sticker that Guth has had made? My wife's local Mini club has calling cards they put under people's winshield wipers when they find a new mini they don't recognize in a parking lot. It seemed like a good idea in the event i should meet another CB1100 rider in my area.
 
I’m pretty sure there’s no card or sticker.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
So, A while after I bought my bike my dealership grabbed another '14 CB1100, then sold it shortly after that, so I knew there was another one of us somewhere in my town besides me and SCCBrider. Today, pulled right up next to him on my way to work. We chatted in traffic a bit, and I gave him the website.

This left me wondering, though, do we have business cards or any kind of flag or sticker that Guth has had made? My wife's local Mini club has calling cards they put under people's winshield wipers when they find a new mini they don't recognize in a parking lot. It seemed like a good idea in the event i should meet another CB1100 rider in my area.
That's a good idea.
 
I think kennyw has the best idea, leaving a t-shirt on the parked bike. He left a Rally shirt, but we could all get a Forum tee and carry it with us... nah, maybe a card. We'd probably end up passing tees back and forth to each other.

Ben
 
Thread starter
well, around here, CB11's are scarce, so that's why I was so excited to see one. you can bet that If i see one, it's one i've never seen before, just like today. A Tshirt is a pretty good idea, but how would I know the riders size??

as to Houtman's idea, since all the coolest CB1100 owners have black gas tanks, i don't think the magic marker idea will work.
 
I carry a small note pad and pen in my tank bag for other things, but it would work for leaving a note on a bike
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
well, around here, CB11's are scarce, so that's why I was so excited to see one. you can bet that If i see one, it's one i've never seen before, just like today. A Tshirt is a pretty good idea, but how would I know the riders size??

as to Houtman's idea, since all the coolest CB1100 owners have black gas tanks, i don't think the magic marker idea will work.
Liquid paper.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
well, around here, CB11's are scarce, so that's why I was so excited to see one. you can bet that If i see one, it's one i've never seen before, just like today. A Tshirt is a pretty good idea, but how would I know the riders size??

as to Houtman's idea, since all the coolest CB1100 owners have black gas tanks, i don't think the magic marker idea will work.
Liquid paper.
Liquid paper.
Dude!
 
Don't mention it.
 
Something like this came up a while back and so I made up my own 1.5" x 2.5" paper cards with a photo of a cb1100, the website's address on the back and a message: Join us! I keep them in my wallet and am ready...waiting...but I've only seen one cb1100 parked before I made the cards, and have never seen one "in the wild" except for planned group rides. But I am ready for the next time...if there is one!
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
well, around here, CB11's are scarce, so that's why I was so excited to see one. you can bet that If i see one, it's one i've never seen before, just like today. A Tshirt is a pretty good idea, but how would I know the riders size??

as to Houtman's idea, since all the coolest CB1100 owners have black gas tanks, i don't think the magic marker idea will work.
Silver Sharpie!
 
pdedse_imp said:
Something like this came up a while back and so I made up my own 1.5" x 2.5" paper cards with a photo of a cb1100, the website's address on the back and a message: Join us! I keep them in my wallet and am ready...waiting...but I've only seen one cb1100 parked before I made the cards, and have never seen one "in the wild" except for planned group rides. But I am ready for the next time...if there is one!
OK, so today I saw it again, a cb parked where I work in Gresham, OR. This is the only one I've ever seen outside of planned group rides. This time, with cb1100forum.com card in hand, I left one tucked in under the gas cap. There were some hair ties on the bike making me think female rider or someone with long hair--anyone here? If so, greetings!

d97dab61db6151060b7d95ee783199d3.jpg


That's my KLR650 behind it.
 
Yesterday I met another CB rider at a gasoline station in my hometown Kiel. Astonishing the fact, that he was the first CB owner in my hometown I've had a conversation with in the past 4 and half year of my CB career. Never met another one before in my region. But in the last 2 weeks I saw 2 other CB riders gliding by on newer models than mine. Seems the CB is spreading a bit more here in the Kiel area what I like.

I was surprised when the friendly man called me by my forumname Wisedrum, he's reading in the german CB-forum for quite a while without being a member. So he still knews me... maybe he'll join in now. I begged him. His bike will now rest over wintertime, he was on his last ride this year. I'm not, riding the whole year through, if I get a chance to do so, but try to avoid icy and salted streets.



Wisedrum
 
I do like that yellow tank!

I hope we get to welcome your new acquaintance,Wisedrum.
 
His first step will be to join the german forum. He seems to be a bit shy to write something. I tried to strenghen him though....

Don't know if he already knows the american one.

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top