Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
There does come a point when a guy that don't like to buy stuff when it can possibly be made, breaks down and spends the money. Its just not nearly as fun! Who knows if I will actually get anything out of this.... Like I said, Just messin around with an idea :idea: ........that cardboard bike is pretty cool btwGumby 1100_imp said:I suspect that once you invest some time on an English Wheel to get a little compound curvature, and then fab the mounting brackets, you might as well buy the Dart Flyscreen...unless, of course, you want opaque metal like on the Moto Guzzi V7 Racer.

There are a lot of things on the internet for sale... I like to build stuff though, so I'm just going to try. Or maybe it will go no further than cardboard, idk.Motogeezer1949_imp said:There are already a bunch of little screens with built in headlights, some with built in turn signals. Check Web!ke. Prices reasonable too.

Yes, there are actually two - one designed specifically for the regular Bonneville, and a slightly smaller one for the Thruxton (that looks more like the Dart, but painted to match the bike). However, both are plastic.EmptySea_imp said:I like the idea a lot. Some of the cafe versions on the Triumphs come with something like this (not sure if it's metal, though). I'd like to see it a little wider and curved more both from side to side and from top to bottom, but I don't know much about working with metal...or cardboard for that matter. Looking forward to seeing your prototypes.![]()
What's wrong with that? You could complement the "Wind Shear Screen" with a "Castrator Rack" from an old Triumph fuel tank.ClassicVW_imp said:I understand and applaud your desire to fabricate something but have to agree with what JustPassinThru touched on. Let me be a bit blunt - it doesn't give me a warm feeling to be that close to a thin metal sheet that, in a get off would slice through whatever part of me went sliding by.

Papa Weeley' pid='98876' dateline='1436978808 said:If you decide you want to try to use the Dart as a pattern to work from, I think I have an extra screen you could borrow, so you wouldn't have to buy one.
Thanks Papa Weeley! I think I would just fab it all from scratch if or when I make one. Much appreciated though!