mesh jackets

Hmm.. will be curious to see what your thoughts are on the Viking jacket. Good pricing for sure. Their address is near me. I asked the Chat Robot on their site if they have a retail location and it said no, they are online only.
 
Thread starter
did you see their "better than CE armor" snippit on their website? looked interesting, but not necessarily better... honeycomb...

of course there's no way to know if that kind will be in my Amazon version or not...

their ads are not so good. I would not have taken the plunge were it not for the videos on youtube... the jackets look much better on youtube and the comments people have on them are quite good.

and like a "con" I saw mentioned was the soft armor in the back, well what do you think is in the $200 tourmaster I own? the very same thing...
 
Thread starter
I found an ad that says the Ironside comes with the vsafe system. here's what they call the vsafe system on their website
447358b967dd63ffb1eb3fa2d89fb385.jpg

tracking says it's arriving Saturday
 
Anyone ever purchased riding apparel (Jacket/pants) from 6th Gear Motorcycle Apparel co.?

I am interested in their "STINGER" series mesh pants.

Thanks
Alain
 
Thread starter
could not reach the mesh or jacket section. just gave errors. not the best sign...

found some links that work. saw stinger pant, never found stinger jacket.

re: summer joy jacket - looks similar to Viking stuff, but I don't like that the jacket is all mesh frame with only denier patches at shoulder and elbow. I prefer denier frame with mesh panels, but that's just me. I'm sure those are good jackets, but similar quality over at Viking for half that price.
my Viking Ironside is now supposed to arrive today. Can't wait to break it down for you all.
 
Thread starter
well, it made it. It is good quality. I am happy. I won't bother with general photos as the ones on the internet are accurate. I am glad I got it for $50 though, because I'm going to have to go to my collection of armor to fit it with quality armor. the stuff that came with it is trash!
0b29522b83be3243fe3cdfc18dcae4f7.jpg
left is Joe Rocket. right is Viking that came with jacket. no where near the stuff in the photo from their website. Joe Rocket is twice as thick. So, if you don't have armor to put in it, don't buy this jacket.
 
Nice looking jacket (after Googling "Viking Cycle Ironside"). Good tip about the armor.

Any problems with USPS deliveries? Read somewhere that they've been slow. :angel:
 
I have a red and black mesh Honda Racing jacket that is my go-to for summer riding, no matter which bike I'm on. Very well made, everything heavy-duty on it. I also have a black mesh that is not as well-made and with a zipper that takes special care to zip up, or it will start to unzip from the bottom and the next thing you know it's flapping in the wind.
 
I started wearing a Klim Induction in light gray this year; the most airflow of any mesh I’ve ever had. It’s a little short on storage pockets but then again it’s all about the airflow. The light gray is nice because it doesn’t absorb heat from the sun. With my white helmet, I’m riding nice and cool.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
If you’re stuck without options to try on the jacket you’re interested in, if you haven’t tried http://www.mororcyclegear.com they have a program where you can order two sizes, and returning the one you don’t want for a $8.99 return shipping label.
LOL! I first read the URL as “moroncyclegear”. FINALLY! A shop that caters to me! :D
 
Nemo_imp said:
Jackets are the hardest part of the constant struggle of riding ATGATT in beautiful sunny (read HOT AF) Florida. I’ve owned 3 mesh jackets and none of them provided enough ventilation to my pleasantly plum humanity. But this is the best so far:

REAX Alta Mesh Jacket (MD and 3XL) - RevZilla

#blackbikesmatter
Can't imagine wearing the removeable waterproof liner on profuse, hot, humid days that constantly threat of thunderstorm downpours. Might as well wrap oneself in cellophane.

The jacket looks good. I have one that is similar.
 
In my experience, rain-gear is only helpful in cold climates. I have ridden in Florida, Texas and Arizona and the rain gear makes you wetter with sweat than the rain would have anyway.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
In my experience, rain-gear is only helpful in cold climates. I have ridden in Florida, Texas and Arizona and the rain gear makes you wetter with sweat than the rain would have anyway.
... totally.
 
I suspect that us warm weather dwellers would do much better if mesh jackets were white not black, although I'm not sure it's a look I'd like.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I suspect that us warm weather dwellers would do much better if mesh jackets were white not black, although I'm not sure it's a look I'd like.
Absolutely. My spouse fashions a pink 'n' white mesh offering.

Myself: Black.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I suspect that us warm weather dwellers would do much better if mesh jackets were white not black, although I'm not sure it's a look I'd like.
I definitely agree on the white aspect. It really makes a huge difference. I don't understand why more options aren't available. The only solution for very hot weather that I've found is from Bohn. Armored Motorcycle Shirts for Men & Women | CE Level 2 – Bohn Body Armor. Has shoulder, elbow and back armor. Goofy selfie that I took for a friend in Texas who wanted to see it in "real-life" before purchasing.

 
Back
Top