Mental Health Day Project - Camera Mount

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Combined effects of lockdown, complex family issues, and not being able to smell Christmas trees or my wife's holiday baking due to lingering effects of COVID have filled me with what I can only describe as... festering, silent rage.

I took a mental health day yesterday to sit quietly in my garage and apply my burgeoning JB Weld skills to craft a camera mount for my new Scorpion T510, as I had done successfully with my two R420 lids. The chin of this helmet presented a unique challenge, due to its complex shapes and curves, but there appeared to be enough room to place a mount.

I think it looks good, and the project helped me relax a bit.
 
That looks great, Gone in 60. Hang in there.
 
Thread starter
Test rode to work with the camera today. Strange, but the helmet is quieter at speed with the GoPro sticking out front. Bonus!
 
Thread starter
Thanks, guys. Had a bit of a breakthrough this weekend on the family side of things, which helped my mood greatly.

Since I have home-grown Gulf Racing and Martini Racing liveries on two other helmets on my shelf, I decided to go with Agip on this one, since their livery is yellow and black. Awaiting delivery of some appropriate decals, which will be accented with black reflective stripes. I'll report back on the final project.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
SeamusBorst_imp said:
In fact, work often distracts from stressful thoughts, relaxes the whole body, and makes you feel better.
Thanks for that SeamusBorst - and welcome to the Forum!
Thanks for that SeamusBorst - and welcome to the Forum!
Agreed
 
Back
Top