Men's Trip 2022

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Every year since 2006 some of the men in our family (and the occasional invited guest) get together for a week long motorcycle ride some place. some of the places we have been BRP/Dragon, U.P. of Michigan, Berea, Ky, Little Switzerland North Carolina, Marietta, Ohio, OINK (SW Ohio/Indiana/N Kentucky),Virginia, West Virginia. Some have been so good we have returned to the same spots several years

So this year (our 17th) we decided to try the Windy 9, in SE Ohio as advertised by the Athens Ohio Tourism board

Ohio's Windy 9

Our group this year would include myself (NC 750) my son Brian (Yamaha MT 10) my younger brother Randy (Triumph Bonneville T-120), nephew Roger who flew in from Nevada (CB500X) and my son's FIL Jim (NC 750)

We begin the trip at Jim's house with a group photo

af5820798286d8734f6928190e78c4ae.jpg


the ride there was fun too on roller coaster 247 in Adams county

d8062ae883f9b88454e8373fc83413ac.jpg


A stop at Cruiser's Diner aka the "Tin Can" for lunch.... home of the Hubcap Burger a 1# behemoth. We settled for the 1/2 pound burgers

d467bba2d676573c1932bd2d59b59c98.jpg


Couple of hours later we arrived at the cabin we had rented for the week. We normally book a hotel for a base but thought we'd splurge this year

95713f4bed321b943e63a41fe34dc326.jpg


After that it was 5 days of riding some of the best roads in SE Ohio including Ohio's famous "Triple Nickle" Rt 555

a67e2258a3e732b29517a90251513364.jpg


So how was the riding? Honestly it was awesome. We could not find a bad road

dd9540590fb72a676e642651dea67fee.jpg


3e5ea97f72407ffc530a9fe1a9e80ad3.jpg


a233db3d5cd91be930f70dadc1cd9697.jpg


44078db147f6253355fd3d7bad32174e.jpg


09aebbe0678ef869a126af4975a9a556.jpg


579de44a8ad2090b073d035f0b1471ed.jpg


555, 664, 56, 278, 374, 550, 377, 78, 180, 677 are just some of the great roads we were able to ride.. all well maintained, all virtually traffic free and nothing but curves
 
What a fun trip to do with family! I really like the roller coaster 247 photo, and the action shots in general.
 
What Bob and pdedse said. Looks great.
 
I can only imagine the fear on the Chesterhill residents’ faces when the Ferret Family Motorcycle Gang thundered into town!
Great family fun! Thanks for sharing.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Every year since 2006 some of the men in our family (and the occasional invited guest) get together for a week long motorcycle ride some place. some of the places we have been BRP/Dragon, U.P. of Michigan, Berea, Ky, Little Switzerland North Carolina, Marietta, Ohio, OINK (SW Ohio/Indiana/N Kentucky),Virginia, West Virginia. Some have been so good we have returned to the same spots several years

So this year (our 17th) we decided to try the Windy 9, in SE Ohio as advertised by the Athens Ohio Tourism board

Ohio's Windy 9

Our group this year would include myself (NC 750) my son Brian (Yamaha MT 10) my younger brother Randy (Triumph Bonneville T-120), nephew Roger who flew in from Nevada (CB500X) and my son's FIL Jim (NC 750)

We begin the trip at Jim's house with a group photo

af5820798286d8734f6928190e78c4ae.jpg


the ride there was fun too on roller coaster 247 in Adams county

d8062ae883f9b88454e8373fc83413ac.jpg


A stop at Cruiser's Diner aka the "Tin Can" for lunch.... home of the Hubcap Burger a 1# behemoth. We settled for the 1/2 pound burgers

d467bba2d676573c1932bd2d59b59c98.jpg


Couple of hours later we arrived at the cabin we had rented for the week. We normally book a hotel for a base but thought we'd splurge this year

95713f4bed321b943e63a41fe34dc326.jpg


After that it was 5 days of riding some of the best roads in SE Ohio including Ohio's famous "Triple Nickle" Rt 555

a67e2258a3e732b29517a90251513364.jpg


So how was the riding? Honestly it was awesome. We could not find a bad road

dd9540590fb72a676e642651dea67fee.jpg


3e5ea97f72407ffc530a9fe1a9e80ad3.jpg


a233db3d5cd91be930f70dadc1cd9697.jpg


44078db147f6253355fd3d7bad32174e.jpg


09aebbe0678ef869a126af4975a9a556.jpg


579de44a8ad2090b073d035f0b1471ed.jpg


555, 664, 56, 278, 374, 550, 377, 78, 180, 677 are just some of the great roads we were able to ride.. all well maintained, all virtually traffic free and nothing but curves
I like this Triple Nickel pose.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Every year since 2006 some of the men in our family (and the occasional invited guest) get together for a week long motorcycle ride some place. some of the places we have been BRP/Dragon, U.P. of Michigan, Berea, Ky, Little Switzerland North Carolina, Marietta, Ohio, OINK (SW Ohio/Indiana/N Kentucky),Virginia, West Virginia. Some have been so good we have returned to the same spots several years

So this year (our 17th) we decided to try the Windy 9, in SE Ohio as advertised by the Athens Ohio Tourism board

Ohio's Windy 9

Our group this year would include myself (NC 750) my son Brian (Yamaha MT 10) my younger brother Randy (Triumph Bonneville T-120), nephew Roger who flew in from Nevada (CB500X) and my son's FIL Jim (NC 750)

We begin the trip at Jim's house with a group photo

af5820798286d8734f6928190e78c4ae.jpg


the ride there was fun too on roller coaster 247 in Adams county

d8062ae883f9b88454e8373fc83413ac.jpg


A stop at Cruiser's Diner aka the "Tin Can" for lunch.... home of the Hubcap Burger a 1# behemoth. We settled for the 1/2 pound burgers

d467bba2d676573c1932bd2d59b59c98.jpg


Couple of hours later we arrived at the cabin we had rented for the week. We normally book a hotel for a base but thought we'd splurge this year

95713f4bed321b943e63a41fe34dc326.jpg


After that it was 5 days of riding some of the best roads in SE Ohio including Ohio's famous "Triple Nickle" Rt 555

a67e2258a3e732b29517a90251513364.jpg


So how was the riding? Honestly it was awesome. We could not find a bad road

dd9540590fb72a676e642651dea67fee.jpg


3e5ea97f72407ffc530a9fe1a9e80ad3.jpg


a233db3d5cd91be930f70dadc1cd9697.jpg


44078db147f6253355fd3d7bad32174e.jpg


09aebbe0678ef869a126af4975a9a556.jpg


579de44a8ad2090b073d035f0b1471ed.jpg


555, 664, 56, 278, 374, 550, 377, 78, 180, 677 are just some of the great roads we were able to ride.. all well maintained, all virtually traffic free and nothing but curves
I like this Triple Nickel pose.
I like this Triple Nickel pose.
 
Thread starter
No cell phone for nav cause I'm not as smart as you and MTC... hand written directions on index cards placed in a clear envelope velcroed to a piece of wood cut to the size of a cell phone and mounted in one of those clamp on cell phone holders lol

4ad2c29866f6baf6f15d6787674ca983.jpg
 
I have not jointed the cell phone as nav tool brigade either. I used a designated GPS for a while, but it got to be a PITA looking at the screen all the time. Now I use yellow stickies scotch taped to the speedo and the tach. If I get truly lost I ask a local. Seven Eleven clerks usually know the area.
 
The ferret_imp said:
No cell phone for nav cause I'm not as smart as you and MTC... hand written directions on index cards placed in a clear envelope velcroed to a piece of wood cut to the size of a cell phone and mounted in one of those clamp on cell phone holders lol

4ad2c29866f6baf6f15d6787674ca983.jpg
I used to use my GPS, but for the last few years, I've use my cell for nav if needed.
Sticky notes are often present in the inside of my windshield if navi is not used.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I have not jointed the cell phone as nav tool brigade either. I used a designated GPS for a while, but it got to be a PITA looking at the screen all the time. Now I use yellow stickies scotch taped to the speedo and the tach. If I get truly lost I ask a local. Seven Eleven clerks usually know the area.
I use BeeLine Moto. It has been fantastic.
 
Back
Top