Men's Fall Trip... pics added complete

Thread starter
ES..these are are must do sections of road

89 from McKee to Irvine
30 from 421 over to 11
52 from Irvine over to Beattieville
66 from 421 over to Pineville
421 from 21 down to McKee
 
Great write up, great pictures! Thanks! My grandparents are from Irvine and Richmond, but I haven't been back to that area for 40 years, sounds like a great place to schedule a ride!
 
Thread starter
Offroad.. It is indeed a wonderful place to ride a motorcycle. Coal country, seems most of the industry there revolves around coal. We saw several plants for loading coal into railroad boxcars and trains full of the stuff just sitting there.
 
I finally found some time to dig into this post, ferret. Great stuff! Cormanus...I love your Google Maps links - awesome! :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
and not far from you Stichill
 
Indeed, that's the best part for both of us, Ferret! I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed your "action shots"! You have a knack for capturing the essence of the riding experience. I especially enjoyed the rear view mirror angles where you see the following riders and the curve of the road. Also very appreciated were the food references. Bikes, winding roads, blue skies, good friends, and comfort food...it doesn't get any better! :thumbsup:

There's a guy on Facebook who runs a page called "Countryside Food Rides". He's Kentucky-based and reports on eating places that he visits by motorcycle. He always takes the most mouth-watering shots like you did with Sonny's BBQ.

I looked up The Right Place off 89; sadly, Google is reporting that it is closed.

 
Thread starter
Thanks and glad you like the pics and report.

Ohhh noooo. Shoot, great place to eat. We have eaten there for years when we have been down that way. We will miss it.
 
Back
Top