Men's Fall Trip 2015 w/more pics

Judging from the smiles, I think it's safe to say, a good time was had by all. As usual, your photos did a great job of documenting the trip. I'll be passing through your neck of the woods the 24th headed for Johnson City, TN via Eastern Ky. I hope the weather holds. I wish I was disciplined enough to take the time for pictures you do, it really is fun to have a nice document of the trip.
 
Thread starter
I took a few over 800 photos on this trip, so you guys are only seeing a small percentage however many are riders going thru right turns, riders going thru left turns, riders in the mirrors, riders over my shoulder, pics of hotels and restaurants and food lol.

In years to come, when I can no longer ride, I will be able to look back thru my photos and hopefully it will bring back many memories of better times.
 
Thread starter
here are some miscellaneous pics from the trip

Houses used to be much smaller than they are today



one of the many beautiful underpasses on the BRP

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20233_zps3uu90vve.jpg.html]

Mabry mill

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20060_zpsw3pjqjvn.jpg.html]

Mountains

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20108_zpsmbyqmwr3.jpg.html]

Sharing a laugh at the Inn after a ride

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20192_zpsnjei19gb.jpg.html]

hairpin uphill on the road to Grandfather Mountain overlook

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20249_zps5p3c2kil.jpg.html]

we weren't the only ones at the Inn trying to get the covered parking

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20393_zpsy9g3n91x.jpg.html]

The group exiting an underpass behind me

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20533_zpsz0h1eluo.jpg.html]

For Volchkoff... a selfie showing how I take the pics

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20619_zps0tefwijw.jpg.html]

Sharing a laugh at dinner at the Mountain View Restaurant

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20472_zpswwh9dyxs.jpg.html]

The hairpins were just as cool going downhill at Grandfather mountain... and no guard rails

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20308_zpsaafoxrnl.jpg.html]

We found gas as low as $1.98 gal for regular but I had to try some of this no ethanol gas in the ST and it was $3.19 a gal. Really didn't notice any difference in power or mileage from the swill I usually use

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20361_zpslapuxstc.jpg.html]

some of the curves were pretty cool and ran right past peoples houses on RT 80 ..this one on the Murder Mountain Run north of the BRP

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20412_zpsk6a901as.jpg.html]

Standing on Grandfather Mountain with no place to go but down. Notice the little ribbon of road to my right (left hand side of the pic) and the line cut thru the trees... THAT is the Blue Ridge Parkway as seen from Grandfather Mtn.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Mens%20Fall%20Trip%20N.C.%202015%20279_zpsc3ing0j1.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
Yep sure is. Makes a weird noise in moderately high wind, let me tell you.
 
Fantastic ride report! You definitely don't disappoint when you decide to put one of these together. What a great trip. I found myself starting to lean a bit in my chair as I followed some of the roads you posted. Haha!
 
Great Pictures! I hope you lead us on another trip next May or June or July....My last trip in July the cooler temps of the elevation was a welcome feeling!
 
Great report, Ferret. As always I enjoyed it. One day I'd love to ride some more of the BRP.
 
Thread starter
Steve first of all good to see you. We miss your daily participation. How is the N1K treating you?

Secondly congrats to your daughter. She looks very happy. Didn't know you were old enough to have a daughter of marrying age lol....and she's right you will love the BRP..you need to go ride there, now that you have a proper sport touring bike and all. Get on Skyline drive and follow it all the way to Cherokee NC, then swing over to the Dragon since it's close. Anyhow Mt Mitchell would be a great place to propose. Suppose they were disappointed to be fogged in as well.
We were at that observation deck behind the happy couple when it started pouring. Probably 1/4 mile from the bikes. Hard run in motorcycle gear lol.

Below is a pic of what it looks like when it's NOT fogged in.

 
She is very happy. Been dating for 4 yrs now and he's a stand up guy, even though i kid him saying she could have done a lot worse :)

The N1K has been a fun bike. I have just over 4K now with one weekend trip into VT & NH's green and white mountains. The trip covered 740 miles and the N1K was comfortable and performs best at 70-75 MPH on the highway. I averaged 48.5 MPG, that puts me @ about 200MI before I start looking for fuel. I really don't ride this bike very fast, been enjoying the ride lately, but it does get up and go.

I'm usually on once a week lurking around checking up on you guys :)
 
Back
Top