Me messing around with my GoPro

the_undecider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I got a new toy(GoPro Hero4 Black) and shot a video of my CB and a quick ride on it. I have no idea why this didn't upload in HD since I shot it in 1080 resolution. -Edit, I found out that it has to fully process before it shows up at full resolution

I also don't know how to embed the video here. I am technology challenged. -Edit, I found where to embed the video:


 
Thread starter
Here is a thread with some information on my setup and how I mounted it:

Leather luggage for CB

The bag and saddlebag bracket were both purchased from Webike.

Bag:
DEGNER : Leather Saddlebag [SB-43IN]

Support:
KIJIMA : Saddlebag Support [210-4722]

If you already have a rack, you may need longer bolts to replace the tie down pegs that hold on the grab handles underneath which the saddlebag support mounts. I happen to use one of the pegs to mount my bag, but you probably could use the included straps to mount the bag onto the rear luggage rack.
 
As nice an explanation of the CB 1100's characteristics as I have seen. Nice job. Also loved the nod to the RLETs lol
 
Thread starter
ss2wheels_imp said:
Good video Aaron, how do you like the seat?
I generally like it. Quality of construction is top notch. There are some trade offs in comfort for style, mainly it being fairly narrow. My biggest complaint is that this style does not come available in a taller version like K&H's two-up seat. I really like the look of the solo saddle along with the way the little bump keeps you from sliding back during hard acceleration.
 
Thread starter
Thanks everybody. I plan on making more videos of my bike, maybe talking more about individual upgrades. I would like to build a YouTube channel with all sorts of motorized content, but I know nothing about editing videos at this point. I am on very good terms with the local dealers, so I could wear my GoPro and test ride some bikes. Keep your eyes on the Other Bikes for some videos. I am working on uploading one to youtube now.
 
I really don't want to sound mean, certainly nothing against any member here... just have to give a different thought....

I never watch anyone's video. I feel it's like a fisherman who lives right on a lake gets asked to watch a video of someone fishing.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I really don't want to sound mean, certainly nothing against any member here... just have to give a different thought....

I never watch anyone's video. I feel it's like a fisherman who lives right on a lake gets asked to watch a video of someone fishing.
Well, I feel a lot better now. I thought it was just my videos you didn't watch George! I told you guys it wasn't just me!

I totally understand the sentiment but there are plenty of things I enjoy doing that I also enjoy watching videos of. For example: surfing, diving, martial arts, making love ... er, lovely floral arrangements ...

Motorcycling is no different. I watch videos on YouTube. Some professionally done, others shot by guys like us. It's fun for me. Have I convinced you yet? No? That's okay. I still love you George.
 
I watch motorcycle videos but I lose interest if there is head banging music, or a lot of wind noise, or if someone is just going down a straight road for a long time. On a video I'm generally good for up to 15 minutes.

I also watch motorcycle movies... Long Way Down, Long Way Around, On Any Sunday, Wild Hogs, Worlds Fastest Indian etc
 
Well done, Mr Un_Decider! Really enjoyed the "ride-along". Your bike is setup beautifully.

Don't know where you pitch your tent in the Lone Star but if you're ever up near the Red River country give me a shout. Got some nice roads up here.

I like your windscreen - I think you called it a "Dart". Can you offer me a bit of info on it? Specifically:

Is it available in clear?
Where can it be purchased?
Approx $?
How it's mounted? Difficulty level to do so?

I like it's size...

Again, very good job on your video.

... qg
 
Thread starter
quietguy_imp said:
Well done, Mr Un_Decider! Really enjoyed the "ride-along". Your bike is setup beautifully.

Don't know where you pitch your tent in the Lone Star but if you're ever up near the Red River country give me a shout. Got some nice roads up here.

I like your windscreen - I think you called it a "Dart". Can you offer me a bit of info on it? Specifically:

Is it available in clear?
Where can it be purchased?
Approx $?
How it's mounted? Difficulty level to do so?

I like it's size...

Again, very good job on your video.

... qg
Thank you for the kind words of compliment!

That is the Dart Marlin windscreen, $180 shipped. The Marlin is their larger screen. I started with their original Flyscreen which is about $20 cheaper. All of them are available is light, dark, and midnight tint. Mine is the dark. Here is the link to their site:

http://www.dartflyscreens.com/products/honda-cb1100-marlin

Dart is based in the UK. You see a lot of their stuff on Triumphs.

It mounts really easy. You get new headlight brackets that hold the wind screen brackets. It's all very clean and factory looking unlike universal fit items. The hardest part is adjusting the headlight since the new brackets don't have any sort of indexing marks to line things up when you bolt it all back together. I just eyeballed it and then made my final adjustments after dark.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I watch motorcycle videos but I lose interest if there is head banging music, or a lot of wind noise, or if someone is just going down a straight road for a long time. On a video I'm generally good for up to 15 minutes.

I also watch motorcycle movies... Long Way Down, Long Way Around, On Any Sunday, Wild Hogs, Worlds Fastest Indian etc
Don't forget the all time classic - Easy Rider.
.
.
UD, I had to watch your nicely done video again... Wanted another look at your Dart windscreen, and also to enjoy the ride.
 
Back
Top