Max BMW

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
This will sound trivial, but I’m impressed.

Rather than drive 25 miles to my local dealer to pick up a few quarts of oil, crush washer, and an oil filter for my RT, I ordered the items online from Max BMW in CT, free shipping, just for convenience. The items arrived in a few days. I was very impressed when I opened the box — along with the items I ordered, they threw in a very nice funnel, a pair of nitrile gloves, and a bag of M&M’s. Stuff that cost them virtually nothing but transformed a routine order into a very nice and unexpected experience. Kudos to Max BMW!
 
It’s the little things ...
 
you know if you turned half of the M&M's upside down it would b M W
 
If they were really smart, they'd custom print BMW on the M&Ms.

Makes me sad I never ordered stuff from them in my years of owning BMWs.
 
I don’t own a BMW but I might have to order something. I loves me some M&Ms :)
 
I got similar service from a custom suspension company called Cogent Dynamics in Asheville, NC. They are great folks. Family run operation out of their garage (very nice garage) and they employ neighborhood kids and teach them a trade. I got to ride by a few years ago and have my KLR front suspension upgraded while we played with the dogs. Support your local small businesses and their dogs :thumbsup:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
This will sound trivial, but I’m impressed.

Rather than drive 25 miles to my local dealer to pick up a few quarts of oil, crush washer, and an oil filter for my RT, I ordered the items online from Max BMW in CT, free shipping, just for convenience. The items arrived in a few days. I was very impressed when I opened the box — along with the items I ordered, they threw in a very nice funnel, a pair of nitrile gloves, and a bag of M&M’s. Stuff that cost them virtually nothing but transformed a routine order into a very nice and unexpected experience. Kudos to Max BMW!
Dang. I bought a $950 BMW Navigator VI from the Troy, NY Max BMW location (online) and there were no M&M's to be found in the box.

Still a good place to do business with. But, I don't think I'll ever look at my Nav VI quite the same again...
 
Closest thing I've seen like this was Clocks 4 Bikes. They used to do free battery replacement. Send your clock in, they'd change the battery, and send it back with a very nice hand written note. Sad to see them go.
 
Also sort of reminds me of owning a Saturn in the '90s.

It broke down a lot, but every time I got it back from the service department, there was a red rose on the passenger seat. Gave my wife a lot of roses back then.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Also sort of reminds me of owning a Saturn in the '90s.

It broke down a lot, but every time I got it back from the service department, there was a red rose on the passenger seat. Gave my wife a lot of roses back then.
You probably did not tell her that the garage gave them to you , she thought that you bought them for her ?
 
Quote:You probably did not tell her that the garage gave them to you , she thought that you bought them for her ?
Duh... Of course not.
 
Hey, I wear my BMW t-shirt when I want to dress up for fancy occaisions.
 
Back
Top