Many bikes, one Craigslist Ad.

Crikey! What a collection.
 
That ad has been running forever. The address is outside Fredericksburg, VA, maybe 30 miles from me. I haven't called but others have complained that the guy never returns calls. Not sure what the deal is, but I think to say it is a liquidation sale is a stretch.
 
Thread starter
Would be a sad thing indeed if true. I’m a pretty firm believer in riding what you have. Low opinion of trailering your bike to Sturgis, or barely riding your crome polished trailer queens. Or, sitting on a pile of bikes that will never get passed on and enjoyed.
I ride in a region that gets a few really good months of riding in. When I see someone on a duct tape and wired together frankenbike they brought in from a field I celebrate them for it.
My neighbor never rides the bikes he has. He’s got a beatiful 70s CB750, it runs, but in 15 years, it’s never left his shed.
Mini rant over.
 
Obliviontoad_imp said:
Would be a sad thing indeed if true. I’m a pretty firm believer in riding what you have. Low opinion of trailering your bike to Sturgis, or barely riding your crome polished trailer queens. Or, sitting on a pile of bikes that will never get passed on and enjoyed.
I ride in a region that gets a few really good months of riding in. When I see someone on a duct tape and wired together frankenbike they brought in from a field I celebrate them for it.
My neighbor never rides the bikes he has. He’s got a beatiful 70s CB750, it runs, but in 15 years, it’s never left his shed.
Mini rant over.
That's why we live in the United States freedom to do what we choose.:thanks:
 
Nice bikes. Beautiful to admire but in reality we've been spoiled with continued improvements in motorcycle suspension and braking over the decades. While riding one of these '70's bikes can be exhilarating and visceral, one quickly comes to realize that time has marched on. In retrospect, they're nice to look at and fun to ride, but they're not what we've come to expect and now take for granted.

That said, I have five bikes in the garage. On any given weekend, one could argue that four of them are garage queens, because I've not yet found a way to ride more than one at a time!
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Nice bikes. Beautiful to admire but in reality we've been spoiled with continued improvements in motorcycle suspension and braking over the decades. While riding one of these '70's bikes can be exhilarating and visceral, one quickly comes to realize that time has marched on. In retrospect, they're nice to look at and fun to ride, but they're not what we've come to expect and now take for granted.

That said, I have five bikes in the garage. On any given weekend, one could argue that four of them are garage queens, because I've not yet found a way to ride more than one at a time!
I feel myself hereby confirmed: one man - one butt - one motorcycle. :beerchug:

However, I like to look at beautiful bikes from earlier times, too. But that's enough, don't have to own (and maintain) 'em.
 
3rdbike_imp said:
One might say he has an excess of those Yamaha 650s......
I see what you did there. :thumbsup:


Django_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Nice bikes. Beautiful to admire but in reality we've been spoiled with continued improvements in motorcycle suspension and braking over the decades. While riding one of these '70's bikes can be exhilarating and visceral, one quickly comes to realize that time has marched on. In retrospect, they're nice to look at and fun to ride, but they're not what we've come to expect and now take for granted.

That said, I have five bikes in the garage. On any given weekend, one could argue that four of them are garage queens, because I've not yet found a way to ride more than one at a time!
I feel myself hereby confirmed: one man - one butt - one motorcycle. :beerchug:

However, I like to look at beautiful bikes from earlier times, too. But that's enough, don't have to own (and maintain) 'em.
I agree with 'one man - one butt - one motorcycle'. But one :beerchug:? Surely not.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
3rdbike_imp said:
One might say he has an excess of those Yamaha 650s......
I see what you did there. :thumbsup:


Django_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Nice bikes. Beautiful to admire but in reality we've been spoiled with continued improvements in motorcycle suspension and braking over the decades. While riding one of these '70's bikes can be exhilarating and visceral, one quickly comes to realize that time has marched on. In retrospect, they're nice to look at and fun to ride, but they're not what we've come to expect and now take for granted.

That said, I have five bikes in the garage. On any given weekend, one could argue that four of them are garage queens, because I've not yet found a way to ride more than one at a time!
I feel myself hereby confirmed: one man - one butt - one motorcycle. :beerchug:

However, I like to look at beautiful bikes from earlier times, too. But that's enough, don't have to own (and maintain) 'em.
I agree with 'one man - one butt - one motorcycle'. But one :beerchug:? Surely not.
3bbbc76b2847d65a55c21d2742b3d3ff.jpg
 
Back
Top