Lucky rider

Wow that guy was real lucky and obvioulsy had a bit of skill, it could have been as bad for the rider as it was for the roo.
 
Thread starter
Yep. I was impressed. I thought he was off for sure when I first saw the roo.
 
"Oh dayum". Can't believe he kept it up.
 
Cormanus has posted a thread which only too vividly shows a real threat we face riding here in Oz, Kanga(bloody)roos. Dusk, dawn, night and even wet overcast can make riding in bush, outback or even some semi-urban areas very dangerous. I have had plenty of Roo hits in cars and trucks but, as yet, none on a bike. No bike hits because I don't plan to ride in those conditions and, if caught out, ride very, very carefully. With Roos it is not a matter of turning a corner and seeing one in the middle of the road and then taking some kind of stop or avoidance. They will literally leave the side of the road, or adjacent scrub, and jump, very erratically and unpredictably, across or even up or down the road. From a position of safety they will often, it seems, track you down like a big furry sidewinder missile. Don't ask me why they are so intent on mutual destruction, it's what they do. Some years ago I had a brand new ute (pickup), my pride and joy, when, leaving a pub near Roma in Central Queensland at night, and driving very slowly, a Big Red jumped into the offside door. The Roo left the scene without leaving his insurance details. Believe me, they cease to be cute little "Skippies" when you are "roofully" surveying the damage!

Cheers

(And apologies, a semi-excerpt from my post in the Todays Weather thread)
 
That easily could have take down the first and the second bike. Had it rolled up over the handle bars wouldn't have been a chance to stay up.

I can see the problem the rider probably wouldn't even see the thing before it had jumped into his path. Fences wouldn't do much good.

Gotta tell you if there was much of that going on I'd be a none rider.

Deer can be a real problem in Pa but most of the time if you are riding in the day light hours and scanning the sides of the roads you'll have a pretty even chance.

I don't ride at night the deer being a part of my concerns.
 
Was that a Kawasaki Versys? Had two, great bikes. Im surprised it did not throw him over. Atleast he didnt panic and lock the brakes. Had a close run in with a wild hog in Galveston tx once. I think my left foot touched his tail according to my buddies behind me. That one caused a serious pucker no doubt. Stupid pig.
 
Ive had a few critter encounters but none as serious as the roo rammer

I did run over a possum once about 55 mph.... Was like hitting a bowling ball. ...and I missed a wild turkey once by inches, and a whitetail by maybe 2 feet. My wife had a turkey vulture glide into her helmet.
 
Back
Top