Lower Rear Brake Pedal ?

rocket_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I've installed lower foot pegs. The rear brake pedal will not adjust low enough for a comfortable position. Aside from cutting & welding, has anyone found an alternative pedal that rests lower that the stock unit ? Thanks, Rocket
 
By adjusting the rod? You can also pull the pedal off the shaft and re-position it some too. Other than that, I got nothing :)
 
The brake pedal doesn't work that way. It is attached to the peg plate with a clip and pivots there.
 
I've always raised my seat. Tried the footpeg mod on my 919 and the brake did not feel right either. Then sat on the new VStrom 650. Lots of room there. Taller bike but it works. Just not my cup o tea.
 
Randy B_imp said:
The brake pedal doesn't work that way. It is attached to the peg plate with a clip and pivots there.
Randy,

Guess I should have checked the service manual...:(

I thought I had read that someone had moved it, but I guess that was the shifter.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
The brake pedal doesn't work that way. It is attached to the peg plate with a clip and pivots there.
Randy,

Guess I should have checked the service manual...:(

I thought I had read that someone had moved it, but I guess that was the shifter.
Randy,

Guess I should have checked the service manual...:(

I thought I had read that someone had moved it, but I guess that was the shifter.

Yeah, the shifter can be moved, but the brake pedal can't.
 
Perhaps it is possible to take the brake pedal of the bike , heat it and bend it to your liking.
You can always put some chrome paint on it to cover the discoloration from heating the part.
 
I would suggest purchasing a lever and try bending or modding that one, just in case it gets screwed up one could still ride.
 
Thread starter
gossman: That's my plan "B" if no one has a better idea. Don't know how much they are from Honda, but I'll find out this winter. I'll cut & weld one to make it too low. That way I'll have enough adjustment in the future.
As a notice to anyone trying to lower the peddle with the adjuster: I found that a little extra twist of the adjuster will cause the threaded adjuster to contact the peddle & make it stick. There has to be a little space there or you could experience a locked-up brake at the worse time. Check for smooth operation of the peddle after adjusting & before you ride. Rocket
 
I was thinking about buying another threaded adjuster and shortening it to allow the clearance to lower the pedal height…and also use a thinner jam nut to also allow more downward adjustment….not a lot of travel but probably enough to get it where I need it
 
Back
Top