Magnus_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
So... I did some searching and found a lot of threads about people gearing their CB1100 up with larger front sprockets and/or smaller rear sprockets to LOWER cruising RPM in top gear - particularly on the 2013 model.
I have a 2014 with the six speed and I'm very happy with it (after a ECU reflash to remove the nanny limits and an arrow exhaust I feel it's almost perfect!).
However, I do very little highway with my CB1100 (I have another bike for that) and mostly just zip around town or hit the mountains.
To me I feel the stock gearing is too high for enthusiastic riding and that the bike would zip around a lot better with some lower gearing. I mean.. it'll do 120mph plus in 4th gear and still has two more to go...
Anyone tried gearing their CB down instead of up? Results? Bad idea? Don't mess up a good thing?
I have a 2014 with the six speed and I'm very happy with it (after a ECU reflash to remove the nanny limits and an arrow exhaust I feel it's almost perfect!).
However, I do very little highway with my CB1100 (I have another bike for that) and mostly just zip around town or hit the mountains.
To me I feel the stock gearing is too high for enthusiastic riding and that the bike would zip around a lot better with some lower gearing. I mean.. it'll do 120mph plus in 4th gear and still has two more to go...
Anyone tried gearing their CB down instead of up? Results? Bad idea? Don't mess up a good thing?
