Lower Footpegs

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Here’s a short report on Buell footpegs which cost a staggering $38.95 + shipping at http://www.grharley.com/Rider_Footpeg_Kit_p/n0006.1ad.htm. I believe Fuzzy was first to install them.

The pegs are aluminum. They are nearly 0.10” too thick to fit inside the CB’s footpeg mounting brackets. Using a flat file with fairly aggressive tooth pattern, it took me about 15 minutes to resize each one. The back of the Buell pegs also need some fitting so the pegs stop at the right angle to the frame. All in all about it took me about 45 minutes per side to remove the stock pegs, file the Buells and install them.

Since they are about an inch lower than stock, both the brake pedal and shift pedal need to be adjusted. I did the brake pedal as low as Honda says to go, and I’m still tweaking the shift pedal.

12a626d2529166b0eacff93da3f15b25.jpg


db283049d42d227dd4e6d8ad620cbd25.jpg


Combined with a taller seat, these footpegs are an inexpensive way to give taller riders more leg room.

Compared to the rest of the bike, the Buell footpegs look a little cheap. At some point I’m going to bite the bullet and invest in a pair of these GSG footpeg kits.

b96cd69e8418982cab1014cb59d236f8.jpg
 
I've installed the lower Buell pegs also, and I like them a lot. They are the best improvement for the money. I can reposition my feet much better with these pegs. My brake pedal is as low as it will go and still a little too high, but I can live with that. I also installed the K&H high seat and risers 1" up and 1+ back. I have removed the risers for now because I have too reroute cables and hyd lines. (A good winter project)
 
I also have been looking for aset of lower footpegs for my CB1000 and CB1100
There are some on ebay called vario adjustable foot pegs,they look very similar to the GSG,are they the same ???
Last week I ordered a Taiwan set of adjustable footpegs for a CB1000,cheap and I will just see what they look like when they arrive.
As I am 6ft a lower peg would be nice to have a lesser bend in my knees.I am certain that I will find a set with strength and good looks and easy adjustability but it could expensive ! (what is not for this bike!)
 
I may have to go this route too. I lowered the pegs on the Griso and it was a bigger help than I thought.
 
Thread starter
It probably goes without saying, but be aware you will be dragging boots and perhaps footpeg feelers with the lower setup. First time caught me by surprise.
 
Just because I'm a newbie, I wanted to clarify if these are the Buell Lightning XB foot peg kit if someone like myself was wanting to get a set.
 
skidmarkart_imp said:
I have put these footpegs on several bikes now. I have not put them on the cb1100 yet, but they seem (from this ad) to be a direct fit. They are surprisingly high quality for the money and the 40mm of adjustability can go in any direction. They are much cheaper than rearsets anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shinobi-Black-Ad...tr&vxp=mtr

I was all set to order a pair of these but the 70mm width is a no-no. That is just shy of 3". My street shoe is 5" wide--don't know about my boots. I think I will at least ask the question to the seller if a longer peg is available.
 
Those pegs are definitely shorter than stock, but not by much. I wear size 14 shoes, so I have fairly large feet too. I haven't noticed it being a problem. The only issue I am concerned about is what part will touch down first. These do fold, but if the center stand comes down first, things could get exciting quickly. I have been meaning to switch the Shinobi pegs off my Buell and see how the for the CB1100.
 
I was scraping the footpegs constantly. I got the GSG pegs, was able to increase my leg room and at the same time lean the bike over farther without scraping them. I love them and recommend them to anyone looking to do the same.
 
chync_imp said:
I was scraping the footpegs constantly. I got the GSG pegs, was able to increase my leg room and at the same time lean the bike over farther without scraping them. I love them and recommend them to anyone looking to do the same.
Can you send a link to the CGS pegs? Have you "touched" anything else on the bike?
 
These are the pegs I installed. I have the racing version which tapers at the end.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mfw-vario-footpeg-mount-rider-most-honda-models

skidmarkart_imp said:
chync_imp said:
I was scraping the footpegs constantly. I got the GSG pegs, was able to increase my leg room and at the same time lean the bike over farther without scraping them. I love them and recommend them to anyone looking to do the same.
Can you send a link to the CGS pegs? Have you "touched" anything else on the bike?
Can you send a link to the CGS pegs? Have you "touched" anything else on the bike?
 
Back
Top