Lots of CB's

Thread starter
Henrik, thank you for explaining the backstory on these Chinese bikes. They certainly appear to be popular on the streets of Paris. However, I would estimate the Piaggio MP-3 outnumbers all bikes here by a factor of 5 to 1. In the U.S., the MP-3 is more scarce than the CB1100 (in my estimation)!
 
As most of the Chinese bikes are 250cc and smaller, they're much more popular in Europe and Asia, where small bikes are useful. I don't imagine any of these brands would have much success in the US market, where even city riding might occasionally require a trip on a multilane freeway.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Just arrived in Paris for holiday and have already come across 3 different CB's (and an immaculate silver '79 CBX). Piaggio and its Korean and Chinese clones definitely dominate the landscape, but three CB's in less than an hour is a new record for me. All appeared to be '13 models with red tanks and 4 into 1 exhaust, though I can't be certain. Handful of Moto Guzzi V7's too, including a chrome-tank Anniversario. And several brands I'm unfamiliar with, including Bullet and Mondial. Surprisingly, quite a few Harleys too, all nicely muffled and civilized. It's a refreshing vibe.
Sounds like you were in heaven.
LongRanger_imp said:
Here's another one I spotted today:

Masai
71457ed20b080c841cfa7e77f9ecd4ba.jpg


These things are everywhere.
Indeed. These are interesting pics folks.
 
Back
Top