looking at an 013 .... again

The comparisons between CB 1100 model years and Triumph's Bonnie highlight knowing what's important to the buyer. Triumph lost the wars back in the day for good reasons, reliability and performance won out. Triumph has had a lot of marketing push lately, but performance is still lacking, reliability maybe as good. Bottom line: is having a traditional British Twin important.
About 6 speeds, ABS, and a bigger fuel tank - personally I could care less. My 2013 is a bright shiny red, the engine sparkles and looks like a real motorcycle engine, and I expect it to run with no problems and no issues with ABS, ride modes, traction modes, etc. If more than the basics are important, there are many choices out there.
As to resale value, I really don't care, I keep bikes (and cars) for 10 years and by then I have my money's worth. Maybe the "Original" model will have some added value in 10 years, like the CB 750 K0.
 
Quote:I could care less.
Apropos of nothing, this is just one of those nails-on-a-chalkboard pet peeves of mine, along with 'irregardless,' 'axe' (instead of 'ask'), and 'self of steam' (self-explanatory).

Carry on...
 
Oh, goody, could we have a pet peeves thread? What about 'pacific' (for 'specific'), or 'bored of' or misplaced apostrophes? Just for starters.
 
Awesome! Or, perfect, if you prefer.
 
el duque_imp said:
thanks W/R.

I bought stateboy's ride!!

we just have to get it here.

yeah baby! stupendousness!
That is awesome!:clap:

Stateboy has/had a really nice looking bike.

Congrats:biker:
 
Congrats Bob, you got a really nice bike. :thumbsup:
 
Hey Guys:

I am reading this post and wonder if I got one heck of a deal on my new 0 miles 2014 CB1100. Bought it the end of December 2017. Granted it does not have the ABS but then I am not a super crazy driver and tend to take it easy and just have fun. At 56 I think I know enough to leave a lot of distance between me and others... yes back in 1986 I followed to close to a car and smacked into it doing the Super Man over the car. Anyhow... no worries about the ABS I guess. I would rather spend the money on upgrades like the Yoshimura pipe I got and a possible ECU upgrade. Yes I have been doing a lot of reading here. So much info.

But back to my purchase... I got it for $5700 out the door. No fees no nothing. If I did not pick it up they would have delivered it for $575 to my door. This dealer sold 3 of them at about this same price. Actually I got mine for less than the other three as I did the purchase off eBay.

So my advice if you have not bought this is to wait and see what is still out there. I know in Minneapolis they have one for $7000 but I think that is a lot as it has not yet sold.
 
Yes you got a great deal. $5700 is less than an FZ07 twin or NC700 twin or CB 500 twin or SV650 twin even. Heck of a motorcycle for so very little money.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yes you got a great deal. $5700 is less than an FZ07 twin or NC700 twin or CB 500 twin or SV650 twin even. Heck of a motorcycle for so very little money.
That may be the lowest price anyone on this site has paid for a new 2014
I paid 6897 last August with no fees and never thought they would drop any lower,
Congrats and welcome to the site:hello:
 
Thread starter
teamvisegrip_imp said:
Hey Guys:

I am reading this post and wonder if I got one heck of a deal on my new 0 miles 2014 CB1100. Bought it the end of December 2017. Granted it does not have the ABS but then I am not a super crazy driver and tend to take it easy and just have fun. At 56 I think I know enough to leave a lot of distance between me and others... yes back in 1986 I followed to close to a car and smacked into it doing the Super Man over the car. Anyhow... no worries about the ABS I guess. I would rather spend the money on upgrades like the Yoshimura pipe I got and a possible ECU upgrade. Yes I have been doing a lot of reading here. So much info.

But back to my purchase... I got it for $5700 out the door. No fees no nothing. If I did not pick it up they would have delivered it for $575 to my door. This dealer sold 3 of them at about this same price. Actually I got mine for less than the other three as I did the purchase off eBay.

So my advice if you have not bought this is to wait and see what is still out there. I know in Minneapolis they have one for $7000 but I think that is a lot as it has not yet sold.
Teamvisegrip?:P What does my post say? You glossed right over it didn't you. It says.... I bought stateboy's bike.

I am very happy with my purchase. It is/was a pleasure doing bizness with Jerry aka stateboy.

Sometimes it isn't always about the $.
 
Yes, Ferret, I think that says it so much more elegantly.
 
Back
Top