long way home

petec_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I work out of Knoxville, TN so I have about 3 options for the commute home to Waynesville, NC. Yesterday I got off about 7am so decided to swing down through Deal's Gap, which only adds about another 35 miles or so. I usually don't bother with it during the 'busy' season but the morning was so pretty I just couldn't resist. Another reason is that I really haven't given the CB a good 'curvy road' workout since I've owned it.

Anyhow, the dragon was relatively quiet with just a few sports cars and early risers stretching their legs; the fast sports cars do make me a little nervous, I must say, as they are usually - naturally - right on the yellow lines in the curves. At any rate, the lithe CB was right at home...



I got passed early on by a VFR but he was the only one that showed up in my rear view mirrors for the entire ride through. I did have a little 'moment' as I rounded the last curve and descended down to the store as - coming my way - was a sportbike rider that had lofted the front wheel very high and, and was close to losing the whole plot just as I met him (or her!)... Gulp!!

Anyhow, stopped at the store for a few minutes and chatted with a couple of guys about my age who were very interested in the bike. For the last leg I dropped down through Cherokee then up towards Maggie Valley and turned rt onto the BRP where I met a Ranger running radar; I was right at the limit so threw him a friendly wave...:angel:

Gassed up at the house and the total mileage for the ride was a modest 155 compared to coming straight home which would be about 102. Much more importantly, I did get to do what I set out to do on this ride which was to further evaluate - on a very, very curvy road - this honest, amazing motorcycle and it just reinforces my overall total satisfaction with it... :heart:

We've bonded!

Pete C
 
nice. i was down there a couple of years ago but the dragon was shut down...bad accident.
i ended up on the cherohala skyway which i really liked.
 
Nice pic Pete. Wow look at your head pipes. Wow.
 
Back
Top