Lone Star Motorcycle Museum photos

Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
What a great photo collection. A great share zbillster.

Too bad the CB750 has a "kitty litter" pan too ... not often seen.

They ALL had kitty litter pans. Bad, bad kitties.
 
Man that's quite the collection. Great to see these beautiful vintage motorcycles so well cared for.

I don't know about other vintage motorcycles, but my BSA Lightnings had a built in chain oiler. In the primary case was a tiny built-in cup that would catch oil flung by the primary chain. The oil would pass through a passage and tube to a short rubber hose above the drive chain. Unfortunately the drive chain would fling the oil on the bottom of the engine, inside of the chain guard, on the rear rim and spokes. When parked everything would drip oil.

I plugged that well with a drop of solder when I rebuilt the motor on either of my BSAs. No mess on the bottom of my Lightnings.
 
I love looking at old motorcycles. I love riding new ones lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
I love looking at old motorcycles. I love riding new ones lol
As I have often said, "Old motorcycles are like old girlfriends. You always wonder why you gave them up until you meet them again. Then you say to yourself ah yes now I remember."
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I love looking at old motorcycles. I love riding new ones lol
A friend bought a 1960ish Puch motorcycle (branded under the Allstate name) ... most of the miles were spent pushing it vs. riding it under its own power. Not to mention the hours spend on German-language forums trying to find parts for it. He finally sold it before he moved to Florida.

Pictures/specs here: Puch/Allstate 250cc
 
zbillster_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I love looking at old motorcycles. I love riding new ones lol
A friend bought a 1960ish Puch motorcycle (branded under the Allstate name) ... most of the miles were spent pushing it vs. riding it under its own power. Not to mention the hours spend on German-language forums trying to find parts for it. He finally sold it before he moved to Florida.

Pictures/specs here: Puch/Allstate 250cc

Fascinating zbillster. A great share!
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Was that a 1960's cushman eagle i saw in one of the last pics? best bike in the whole place.
I've seen one before in the Horton Classic Car Museum (another private collection in Nocona, Texas) so wasn't too enthralled with it. I thought the Indian moped was amusing. :D
 
What a neat collection. Thanks for putting one more thumbtack in my "Gotta Go There" map!
 
Back
Top