Lights and more

drswan92028_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello everyone,

DISCLAIMER: Ensure you check with your local law enforcement agency before adding any mods I suggest. One person had the nerve to post that I should be careful with advise, get a life. I don't ride your bike and am not responsible for anyone's actions.

I've added a Spirit windshield, new mirrors, TourMaster and Saddleman bags, Kuryakyn Large ISO-Pegs (Highway pegs w/custom bracket), throttle assistant for applying gas without numbness, 2 blue LED lights under the gas tank that are only visible from the side, one each side - yellow LED strips on the windshield facing backwards at blinker level so cars next to you can see your signal for lane change and one 13" red LED strip under the back seat so I have two brake lights, the LED is very bright and people know you are stopping.

The bags and windshield were on my 1984 Honda V30 Magna and fit fine. You'll find that if you document your bikes dimensions, you can make your own brackets and attach almost anything to it. I mounted a universal luggage rack to the V30 easily. These bikes need a back rest and luggage rack for sure. Corbin has a really nice seat for this bike. It has a backrest for both riders and is a little over $500. It's worth it for me, the stock seat isn't very comfortable at all!
 
I am no cyber expert but this guy looks like a troll. Look at his posts. He sings the praises of HD then HONDA ect...................
 
All very interesting, drswan, with the exception of your flamed opening disclaimer. I've never been much for the led accent lights, but I like the way you did the lighting on the engine.

I don't ride two-up, so I use the rear seat as my luggage rack and my duffle serves as a backrest for me then. I think I may be the only guy who finds the stock seat comfortable. LOL.

Your bike looks good and it's great that you're handy enough to fabricate your own brackets. I don't have the tools, the talent, or the time to do much of that, but I see how it can be a great option for others.
 
Wow, winter is upon us. Relax everyone, spring will be here soon enough.

Looks like Dave joined in November, only has 16 posts, and appears that he likes modifying his collection of bikes to suit him just like we all do. His opening paragraph was a little offensive and I'm not going to allow one member to call another member out by name or call them an idiot, which only promotes hard feelings and discord, which we don't care for around here, so I changed that to "person", and removed the personal reference, but sometimes we make changes to our bikes that others think are dangerous or against the law ( removing feeler pegs, removing reflectors, bolting on handlebar mounted windshields, bolting highway pegs on crash bars, raising fork tubes in a tree, installing shorter rear shocks, installing wider tires to name a few) so a warning by the OP to not necessarily do what he does to his own bikes is not out of line.
 
I must be missing something here?? The member owns our CB1100 and has spent the time to produce photo of his bike, to call him a troll is just ridiculous.

Sometimes people need to step back and go on to the next post if they have nothing productive to say. Someone must have gotten under his skin and my guess is he's just venting.

Whether he has 16 or 600 posts he is still a member of this site.
 
Mid winter CIP.. The natives are getting restless lol
 
What did I miss?! What happened?! Shoot. I'm always that guy who's opening up his bag peanuts when the guy at third steals home or dipping my chip in the salsa right when the left hook drops the other fighter. Hmmm...maybe I should try eating less. Nah. I'll see it on instant replay.

No offense Classic, I realize I'm making light of something that really got under your skin. I'm sure you're already over it. I don't think drswan is a troll but I also don't think personal attacks in response to an opinion are cool. With that said, what I really want to know is whether gossman's wife knows he's sleeping with the gas station attendant! $1.89/gallon?!
 
Well MG if you think this thread is fun, go read the one about the $25 gaiters... :)
 
Hey ya pot stirrer .... :dodgy: lol
 
Just adding a little levity to a thread that was interesting then got a bit chippy. And the local Fred Myers here has regular for $1.89 plus a 3 cent discount for shoppers. And if I had to sleep with the attendant for cheap fuel, I'd be willfully paying$5 a gallon :)
 
gossman_imp said:
Just adding a little levity to a thread that was interesting then got a bit chippy. And the local Fred Myers here has regular for $1.89 plus a 3 cent discount for shoppers. And if I had to sleep with the attendant for cheap fuel, I'd be willfully paying$5 a gallon :)
I completely understand gossman. Every man has his price. It's good to know yours is only $5.01.
 
Thread starter
My opening paragraph was that way because you people complained that I was giving advice that was contrary to some law somewhere. I put that there for the person that felt he wanted to play policeman. I'm not being rude to anyone. :) Get over it.


I enjoy modifying my bikes to suit me and be safer on the road. If someone gets one of my restored bikes, they can be assured it is 110%. I was enjoying the forum until someone had to make a negative comment. So I put a disclaimer. Pretty simple.
 
That confrontation took place 5 months ago. Everyone has moved on. Why stir it up again? It's riding season, why not go out for a calming ride. If it continues I will lock up the thread.
 
Five months after the last post and he feels the need to suddenly tell people to get over it. We obviously have and he hasn't. I raise you one smiley face! :):)
 
Back
Top