Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Out for a spin today, work a bit slack (self employed) so time to take advantage of the sun which came out. It's often cloudy on the Wicklow Mountains though but still very pleasant, just a local weather pattern.

Bumped into a '55 Triton outfit on my way, a husband and wife out for tea. Very nice way to spend their retirement.







 
That looks lovely, Tev! I should go for more rides during the day. I'm not self-employed, but nobody really knows what I do around here, and I've been here so long that nobody would bother to ask.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Out for a spin today, work a bit slack (self employed) so time to take advantage of the sun which came out. It's often cloudy on the Wicklow Mountains though but still very pleasant, just a local weather pattern.

Bumped into a '55 Triton outfit on my way, a husband and wife out for tea. Very nice way to spend their retirement.
Nice specimen Tev. Like seeing some of the real oldies.
 
It's weird to think of a time where Triumph were deemed to be the best engine manufacturers and Norton the best frame manufacturers and that builders just made one bike out of the two main components and thought that was perfectly reasonable.
 
It seems not only reasonable to me but sensible as well.
 
2aef65bb628df52f4ae940452b3459ae.jpg

Ride Red!
US 421 “The Snake”, Shady Valley, TN
Pulled pork with Cheerwine soda at Shady Valley Country Store.

34af57746931bcde15f734df91866cf4.jpg

After lunch, I met the couple that rode this bike to Shady Valley. Mentioned the rally and the forum to him. Bike has 1400 miles and he bought it used at an estate sale with 650 miles on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
7f4e441e680b1de312a753dce5f34eb8.jpg

The group was there too!

21a91a025930015670611abf3c5b5ac6.jpg

And here’s the couple I met.

c95e7896e94c465f4f9d970ec970c1bb.jpg

Chased them down to get a photo, but it didn’t turn out very well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
There's everybody's favorite yellow! Beautiful.
Last day before I have to report back to work at the college tomorrow, so what better way than to ride the CB1100...did a route I hadn't done for a number of years.

aa04bb9d7ae1ee737819cbf21fb23d3e.jpg


Lewis River Rd meanders through Lake Merwin, Yale Lake and the Swift Reservoir, all just south of Mt. St. Helens in Washington. About a 165 mile loop.

cdc66e0e2293e7178cef8a4734fb37de.jpg


The Lewis River which feeds into Swift Reservoir
56ed4f1224535eb0dcf2f9dd8228a919.jpg


Fun to ride through long sections of forest tunnels
f1f96c8edad557e66221da829c4fb857.jpg


From McClellen Point, looking at Mt. St. Helens, which blew its top May 18, 1980
0420f0037def46e83fced17369c38db5.jpg


Kind of looks like the peak is cloud covered, but the peak disappeared in the blast.
eb39e59d123c0f2a0b7c478d8421c33c.jpg


Here's a sat shot of the viewpoint looking towards the south exposure of Helens
0e9534588d92e803e5aa03a3af0dfda6.jpg


Then more and more lovely forest riding till I returned to the Columbia River. Very windy, lots of para-sailing and kite surfers (visible if you enlarge the photos)
ee58beb4e8b639eeba5b8aeb9ce76c0c.jpg


95d40d98aa53db1141e76d47f9d3ef05.jpg
 
pdedse_imp said:
There's everybody's favorite yellow! Beautiful.
Last day before I have to report back to work at the college tomorrow, so what better way than to ride the CB1100...did a route I hadn't done for a number of years.

aa04bb9d7ae1ee737819cbf21fb23d3e.jpg


Lewis River Rd meanders through Lake Merwin, Yale Lake and the Swift Reservoir, all just south of Mt. St. Helens in Washington. About a 165 mile loop.

cdc66e0e2293e7178cef8a4734fb37de.jpg


The Lewis River which feeds into Swift Reservoir
56ed4f1224535eb0dcf2f9dd8228a919.jpg


Fun to ride through long sections of forest tunnels
f1f96c8edad557e66221da829c4fb857.jpg


From McClellen Point, looking at Mt. St. Helens, which blew its top May 18, 1980
0420f0037def46e83fced17369c38db5.jpg


Kind of looks like the peak is cloud covered, but the peak disappeared in the blast.
eb39e59d123c0f2a0b7c478d8421c33c.jpg


Here's a sat shot of the viewpoint looking towards the south exposure of Helens
0e9534588d92e803e5aa03a3af0dfda6.jpg


Then more and more lovely forest riding till I returned to the Columbia River. Very windy, lots of para-sailing and kite surfers (visible if you enlarge the photos)
ee58beb4e8b639eeba5b8aeb9ce76c0c.jpg


95d40d98aa53db1141e76d47f9d3ef05.jpg
I remember that was a big deal back in the day. Some man actually video taped the event (mostly grey image) while trying to deal with it.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
2aef65bb628df52f4ae940452b3459ae.jpg

Ride Red!
US 421 “The Snake”, Shady Valley, TN
Pulled pork with Cheerwine soda at Shady Valley Country Store.

34af57746931bcde15f734df91866cf4.jpg

After lunch, I met the couple that rode this bike to Shady Valley. Mentioned the rally and the forum to him. Bike has 1400 miles and he bought it used at an estate sale with 650 miles on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tank? Did I miss something?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
2aef65bb628df52f4ae940452b3459ae.jpg

Ride Red!
US 421 “The Snake”, Shady Valley, TN
Pulled pork with Cheerwine soda at Shady Valley Country Store.

34af57746931bcde15f734df91866cf4.jpg

After lunch, I met the couple that rode this bike to Shady Valley. Mentioned the rally and the forum to him. Bike has 1400 miles and he bought it used at an estate sale with 650 miles on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tank? Did I miss something?
The tank? Did I miss something?
Cormanus, I think it is an optical illusion that makes the front of the tank look dented. It is one of those things that I see one time one way and the next time the other way.
 
Back
Top