Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

We are stardust,
We are golden,
We are million year old carbon …
 
Sad story.
Pdedse, you always take beautiful pics
Did you and Alprider go to the same photo school?
:thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Sad story.
Pdedse, you always take beautiful pics
Did you and Alprider go to the same photo school?
:thumbsup:
Thanks, PeterB...I think Alprider and I have something in common that helps...we live in beautiful areas and ride one of the top 5 beautiful bikes available out there.
 
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder(s), the weirdest person (not saying you are !) can take the weirdest pics, and find his loving admirers later (often after their end of life, as has happened to some of the greatest painters). In other words ... nothing surprising in here ... ;)
 
I can take this route to work which I do on occasion. It is a great view to see the empty road in front of you. I do indulge myself a little with the throttle if it is empty.:s

 
No ... Cartoon sold his CB. Oh, wait ... that was Nortoon. :P
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Sad story.
Pdedse, you always take beautiful pics
Did you and Alprider go to the same photo school?
:thumbsup:
there are certain rules so that a photo is interesting or good...you can find them on photo school sites or youtube

yes sure, a certain topology / landscape makes it easier
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
I can take this route to work which I do on occasion. It is a great view to see the empty road in front of you. I do indulge myself a little with the throttle if it is empty.:s
Cartoon CB1100?
For simple effects I use PowerPoint and save a slide as a jpg to get the smaller file size. That last picture effect was called "cutout" but it does look cartoonish.

This one here is "glow edges".

 
Well, I wanted to show a picture of my CB on the road.

After work at the museum, I wanted to check out the newly opened Sixth Street over the L.A. river. The original bridge was torn down a few years ago due to erosion of the concrete that had been used in its construction. It was iconic, and had been used in countless movies, car and motorcycle commercials. Coming over the bridge to the west frames Downtown L.A. perfectly.

The west end lands in what is now the Arts District, near the newly opened Bike Shed. I had hoped to grab an iced coffee at Bike Shed, then go take some pictures of my bike on the bridge.

However, there was a ton of traffic in the area. It turns out that driving and walking over the new bridge is the new favorite pass time of Angelinos.

Cars and bikes were lined up for a mile in all directions to drive over the bridge. I figured I’d be there for over an hour if I wanted to try it out. So, grabbed my coffee, left the CB at Bike Shed and walked across. A few guys wearing gear and holding helmets walking across the bridge apparently had the same idea.

I needed to get home for dinner, so I took the now neglected Seventh Street bridge over the river and onto The 5 to get home. By then, the crowd of cars waiting to get on the bridge had grown.

Shortly after I got on the freeway, about 10 LAPD cars going the other way were speeding toward the bridge, apparently to get control of the traffic.
 
Back
Top