Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

took a ride last week end and i seen a next too new z900rs guy was a joy to talk too . 267 miles round trip
ba9b5bfe7bceda13ab4a048aaf25d339.jpg

9f72c49b2492abefbd3907955a5eecdd.jpg

52cd0063535060c9b76e83897cf9a234.jpg

f3aa12e79eb2ca83af849d38174af779.jpg

5a4fa2fb79fe8160569935d98d2683d3.jpg

7a96b421cf00c224bfffb42a44c21e9a.jpg

f197b3993a6a80fdc65da9afc5e382aa.jpg

4df72db0f05da8c08c52d8fc25d2ef98.jpg

9f3a2c7eea10f59d5ba4807c8ee7d226.jpg
 
Love the view, 1973. What did the Z900RS guys think of your bike?
What kind of helmet is that? I dig the contrast in the red and dark.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Love the view, 1973. What did the Z900RS guys think of your bike?
What kind of helmet is that? I dig the contrast in the red and dark.
he had nothing but good things to say he especially like the air cooled 4 i liked the green paint for sure I've heard the 900 is faster but we didn't test that he was in his 60s 70s maybe and was in his words "scared to test it"
Gone in 60_imp said:
Love the view, 1973. What did the Z900RS guys think of your bike?
What kind of helmet is that? I dig the contrast in the red and dark.
its a HJC c91 from last year they dont make that color now i guess i wish it was glossy and not matte
 
1973cb750_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Love the view, 1973. What did the Z900RS guys think of your bike?
What kind of helmet is that? I dig the contrast in the red and dark.
he had nothing but good things to say he especially like the air cooled 4 i liked the green paint for sure I've heard the 900 is faster but we didn't test that he was in his 60s 70s maybe and was in his words "scared to test it"
Gone in 60_imp said:
Love the view, 1973. What did the Z900RS guys think of your bike?
What kind of helmet is that? I dig the contrast in the red and dark.
its a HJC c91 from last year they dont make that color now i guess i wish it was glossy and not matte
Interesting that he said that, and partly why I was asking. I had a similar situation at a Cars and Coffee a while back. An older gentleman with a Z900RS and me with my CB1100, each admiring each other's bikes. He was a little afraid of the performance potential of the Kawi as well, but wanted a four cylinder inline bike with a vintage look. He had been interested in the CB1100 when he was shopping, but couldn't find a clean enough one for his tastes, so he bought the Kawi new - the root beer brown/orange model.

He was marveling at the condition of my bike, and while we never got anywhere near the "ya wanna trade" discussion, I wondered if I'd be tempted.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
1973cb750_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Love the view, 1973. What did the Z900RS guys think of your bike?
What kind of helmet is that? I dig the contrast in the red and dark.
he had nothing but good things to say he especially like the air cooled 4 i liked the green paint for sure I've heard the 900 is faster but we didn't test that he was in his 60s 70s maybe and was in his words "scared to test it"
Gone in 60_imp said:
Love the view, 1973. What did the Z900RS guys think of your bike?
What kind of helmet is that? I dig the contrast in the red and dark.
its a HJC c91 from last year they dont make that color now i guess i wish it was glossy and not matte
Interesting that he said that, and partly why I was asking. I had a similar situation at a Cars and Coffee a while back. An older gentleman with a Z900RS and me with my CB1100, each admiring each other's bikes. He was a little afraid of the performance potential of the Kawi as well, but wanted a four cylinder inline bike with a vintage look. He had been interested in the CB1100 when he was shopping, but couldn't find a clean enough one for his tastes, so he bought the Kawi new - the root beer brown/orange model.

He was marveling at the condition of my bike, and while we never got anywhere near the "ya wanna trade" discussion, I wondered if I'd be tempted.
Interesting that he said that, and partly why I was asking. I had a similar situation at a Cars and Coffee a while back. An older gentleman with a Z900RS and me with my CB1100, each admiring each other's bikes. He was a little afraid of the performance potential of the Kawi as well, but wanted a four cylinder inline bike with a vintage look. He had been interested in the CB1100 when he was shopping, but couldn't find a clean enough one for his tastes, so he bought the Kawi new - the root beer brown/orange model.

He was marveling at the condition of my bike, and while we never got anywhere near the "ya wanna trade" discussion, I wondered if I'd be tempted.
we had mutual respect, and to the sport bikes their we were the old guys, I am younger but was defiantly cool I would have took a spin on that kaw in a heart beat and would have let him on the cb but he or I never asked both are amazing i have a 1981 csr1000 project i want to build into a dragbike i have already chopped the frame but its on the back burner i think the kaw's and cb's are the best jap bikes around the suzuki gs's from the early days are awesome to but i am glad i went with the cb after seeing the z9 in person the forks wheels and water cooling just made it to modern for me the cb1100 is borderline to modern for me as it is the z900 might as well be a ufo
 
ok no problem

i am her wehre you ?...LOL

with you it's just everything one size bigger...therefore too the roadsides until the asphalt begins...smile....
 
Very pretty, Alprider. Hey, how is that aluminum box attached to your rack?

And why do I expect Auric Goldfinger to come around the corner in a Phantom III?
 
Estacada, OR area was heavily affected by Labor Day forest fires of 2020. Hiway 224 east of Estacada which hugs the Clackamas River has always been a wonderful place to ride, but has been closed until early May of this year, and now about 25 miles of 224 has reopened.

I took in about half the newly opened road...and have never seen so many torched trees in my life:

dfd8b04a644b47d41cef1c074c44068f.jpg


97a32e1ca8ac4d29681c121ab47447b8.jpg


afd977d1702a88a5ada53539870d179e.jpg


The river is still doing its thing:
aa1246d184a468ffc5f6d76b9ef947cb.jpg


But lots of scorched earth:
9a978a5e9416f596a6e1dd10a491de56.jpg


The long, easy curves still makes for great riding, but the it's
a bit sad to think I'll never see it fully re-grown.
 
Back
Top