Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Gordo_imp said:
Thanks fellas!! I love the CB, and was desperately looking forward throwing a leg over er and getting in a good ride! I appreciate the compliments and well wishes. I'm definitely on the mend and it will take some time. I'm truly blessed it wasnt as bad as some that have had it. Got a cardiologist and dermatologist appt next month...(My God I feel old) I love the Yoshi can and it does sound really good. It may be my imagination, but it seems to have opened up the bike up some.

Titus 2:13
2013 HONDA CB1100
I have a old style Arrow exhaust, with fiberglass filling. I yanked out most of the fiberglass stuffing and it woke-up the engine near redline. It did loose a little midrange, but is was worth the new ROAR.
 
active1951_imp said:
Gordo_imp said:
Thanks fellas!! I love the CB, and was desperately looking forward throwing a leg over er and getting in a good ride! I appreciate the compliments and well wishes. I'm definitely on the mend and it will take some time. I'm truly blessed it wasnt as bad as some that have had it. Got a cardiologist and dermatologist appt next month...(My God I feel old) I love the Yoshi can and it does sound really good. It may be my imagination, but it seems to have opened up the bike up some.

Titus 2:13
2013 HONDA CB1100
I have a old style Arrow exhaust, with fiberglass filling. I yanked out most of the fiberglass stuffing and it woke-up the engine near redline. It did loose a little midrange, but is was worth the new ROAR.
I have a old style Arrow exhaust, with fiberglass filling. I yanked out most of the fiberglass stuffing and it woke-up the engine near redline. It did loose a little midrange, but is was worth the new ROAR. That's Awesome!

Titus 2:13
2013 HONDA CB1100
 
A buddy and I made the unfortunate decision to attempt the Icefields Parkway between Lake Louise and Jasper, Alberta, Canada during unseasonably low temperatures and pouring rain that became slushy snow as we approached the Athabasca glacier. We made it out safely, but that was definitely not a certain outcome when this photo was taken!
55e743946503e1e67901912638ce9f4b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Glad you made it down safely. That'll be a good story to share with the grandkids :beerchug:
We are suffering through a weeks-long siege of hot and humid weather down here. You are truly a world away.
 
No salt, thankfully the asphalt was warm enough to prevent accumulation and a loss in traction. Definitely the coldest, wettest ride I’ve taken so far. We had to slow right down due to my riding mate’s visor fogging up to around 50 km/h (31 mph) which meant more time in the cold with wet and freezing hands and feet. We both kept our left hands on the left side of our respective engines for more time than they spent on the handgrips, then would push on until our throttle hands were too cold to ride further, at which time we would pull over and grip the right side of the engines with our right hands on the right side of the engines until the feeling returned with the engines idling and smoking away and the snow accumulating on our gauges, mirrors and half cracked visors. Made for an interesting story and encouraged both of us to smarten up and buy waterproof gloves and handgrip warmers before the next adventure
b9acde19f32ce97dfc1276aef90f0da8.png
9e3ea6b726cbf1684aa436266b521ef2.png
10e384c853f5f17abcd99e7699dafade.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I’m sure you could have done without the snow. Makes for a good photo and story, though.
 
Sunrise is a beautiful time
a87390cd652be13c136cc0ece521b872.png
had a really nice run today, nothing major 120 miles, home before 10am, some days I like having a group of riders with me, other days I like to be alone or with that one person I know how they ride and where they are at any given time
74e2c0143b5f38737f0501afaf8b62e3.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
run-tmc_imp said:
A buddy and I made the unfortunate decision to attempt the Icefields Parkway between Lake Louise and Jasper, Alberta, Canada during unseasonably low temperatures and pouring rain that became slushy snow as we approached the Athabasca glacier. We made it out safely, but that was definitely not a certain outcome when this photo was taken!
55e743946503e1e67901912638ce9f4b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ballsy move there. You guys are made of some tough stuff though.

Defer to the route that gives you the most smiles per gallon.
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Sunrise is a beautiful time
a87390cd652be13c136cc0ece521b872.png
had a really nice run today, nothing major 120 miles, home before 10am, some days I like having a group of riders with me, other days I like to be alone or with that one person I know how they ride and where they are at any given time
74e2c0143b5f38737f0501afaf8b62e3.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Nice pic!
 
I like the looks of your rear end MRP, do you have any brackets for the saddle bags on which to lean and strap them to or you just rest them on the shocks? That's what I do, but I'm always scared they'll fly off

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Theyre mounted with two heavy straps across the rear subframe. I put one under the seat and one over the seat for stability. They dont move nearly at all, even at 90mph. No support racks required
 
Does anyone Know if OEM complete Gas tank assemblies from Honda come painted and Ready to Bolt on? It's like 1080.00. 2013 Cb 1100.

Thank God I'm Ok. Just getting released from a quick check over at a local Medical center after getting caught up in some gravel wash out and rolling my bike on top of me in the ditch....Were a bit banged up but Not Broken.Amen !

Didn't seem to twist the frame or tweak the forks...Bike seem to still ride straight.
I'll maybe fix it.

Bang up the tank pretty good , smashed rear tail light and headlight..instrument cluster... looks fixable.
98b307283a530254bb0b94b68cf98afb.png
!

Certainly could of been worse..!

Do I quit ? or keep on is the question.. as I'm still sitting here at the Hospital waiting to get picked up!







9d1cb8dc53d85f3f2de1050e03677e8d.jpg


2013 Cb 1100 "
 
Back
Top