Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

tod.branko_imp said:
As you may, or may not know, today is one of the biggest Islamic holidays, thus I embarked on my "Traditional Eid Al Adha Solo Ride". Early morning, weather was still chill and cloudy, so I went for a back road route, an area we call Bedouin Oasis via Digdagga to Flamingo Beach. It was all within my state, though normally I would ride at least through 5 states.
405cead03971b91a300b64b75eb4c716.jpg
67173a6ac05b1adbb7abeef9ae5b5978.jpg
c91b08509b7e95e536ba20b70b216bdb.jpg
97a4939a7e9e6804b6423976fb0a8806.jpg
078d1e9d36203b2492e7b4aac7d6dc49.jpg
89fb497890e4caba2e15dfca28a0e740.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Did that mean you had to wear a jacket for the purpose of combating the chill?

Happy Holiday!
tod.branko_imp said:
As you may, or may not know, today is one of the biggest Islamic holidays, thus I embarked on my "Traditional Eid Al Adha Solo Ride". Early morning, weather was still chill and cloudy, so I went for a back road route, an area we call Bedouin Oasis via Digdagga to Flamingo Beach. It was all within my state, though normally I would ride at least through 5 states.
405cead03971b91a300b64b75eb4c716.jpg
67173a6ac05b1adbb7abeef9ae5b5978.jpg
c91b08509b7e95e536ba20b70b216bdb.jpg
97a4939a7e9e6804b6423976fb0a8806.jpg
078d1e9d36203b2492e7b4aac7d6dc49.jpg
89fb497890e4caba2e15dfca28a0e740.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Did that mean you had to wear a jacket for the purpose of combating the chill?

Nice snaps - again Tod.

Happy Holiday!
 
Lol, jacket is unlikely - I wear just an armor this time of year, but long sleeves and neck protection are necessary when the sand picks up. Riding through a sand storm with exposed skin is one of the most unpleasant experiences one can encounter


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Lol, jacket is unlikely - I wear just an armor this time of year, but long sleeves and neck protection are necessary when the sand picks up. Riding through a sand storm with exposed skin is one of the most unpleasant experiences one can encounter


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Yeah, I imagine it gets old (annoying) after awhile.

I suppose an alternative is riding in a hot summer hail storm. Neither are pleasant.
 
Had family in town and introduced my cousin to the realm of aircooled Honda 4s (she's used to Gixxer 750s) and she loved it. Certainly was a challenge keeping up with her on the Valkyrie..
 
Team Honda - it's all that matters.

I've always had a soft spot for Valkyries, feels kinda sad they decided not to include it in the latest GW lineup.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Last night on the way back from ghost village I took the longer way home and came across this gazebo type construction, I seriously don't know what it's called, and it was dark and by the water, and Waldorf Astoria was just sitting there across the lagoon all lit up, and I had my camera with me, so I let the CB do some posing. I'm not famous for amazing night photography, but I think these came out pretty well.
209263a45267536e06de6f3d984fea61.jpg
e43833610c636179660c7d5bb968483e.jpg
69ff7cd25068d7c3b3972e5e098e57ec.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
19a3d8b8d552af9db016027eff98d52c.jpg
 
Both, yellow @Alprider's and blue @Tod's are nice.
IMHO, yellow CB should have black side covers instead of silver ones?...to look even nicer
:beerchug:
 
Wanted to do a ride on the Washington side of the Columbia River, usually that means some time on hiway 14, which is more laid back than I-84 on the OR side.

From Gresham, I have to ride 10 miles west to get to the 205 bridge and then I cross over to WA and start back east on 14. I like to stop at the Lewis and Clark expedition sites where they explain a bit of the history.

30612971b0002c2e93d53f62b341e953.jpg


I live in the distance, exreme far right.

I got away by 10:30am after doing some morning chores, wanted to ride in the cooler part of the day, but the temps are supposed to exceed 100 degrees later. Looking kind of hazy...
43447a8c0699482bc1584b10bd5c98e6.jpg


Oh...yuck!! Forest fire smoke!! Not again.
47c88b1fbb79a195d0cf799c2369b4be.jpg


Yep...getting thicker...
82a2b6411d835d90d602478bf730ee81.jpg


Just went through this area 2 days ago on the OR side and it was beautiful.
146a07576aa6943fe8c186ad8c73914b.jpg


Well, that puts a damper on things. Getting really warm and with the smoke getting worse, I decide enough. A few quick pics of Beacon Rock which stand some 850 feet high...and then it was buzz back over to OR on the Bridge of the Gods and speed home.

8c67587d9350cf4b33c62f7e23c2e3bc.jpg

571224f17617c5369bf8a02e238b7f79.jpg


Time to cool off.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Wanted to do a ride on the Washington side of the Columbia River, usually that means some time on hiway 14, which is more laid back than I-84 on the OR side.

From Gresham, I have to ride 10 miles west to get to the 205 bridge and then I cross over to WA and start back east on 14. I like to stop at the Lewis and Clark expedition sites where they explain a bit of the history.

30612971b0002c2e93d53f62b341e953.jpg


I live in the distance, exreme far right.

I got away by 10:30am after doing some morning chores, wanted to ride in the cooler part of the day, but the temps are supposed to exceed 100 degrees later. Looking kind of hazy...
43447a8c0699482bc1584b10bd5c98e6.jpg


Oh...yuck!! Forest fire smoke!! Not again.
47c88b1fbb79a195d0cf799c2369b4be.jpg


Yep...getting thicker...
82a2b6411d835d90d602478bf730ee81.jpg


Just went through this area 2 days ago on the OR side and it was beautiful.
146a07576aa6943fe8c186ad8c73914b.jpg


Well, that puts a damper on things. Getting really warm and with the smoke getting worse, I decide enough. A few quick pics of Beacon Rock which stand some 850 feet high...and then it was buzz back over to OR on the Bridge of the Gods and speed home.

8c67587d9350cf4b33c62f7e23c2e3bc.jpg

571224f17617c5369bf8a02e238b7f79.jpg


Time to cool off.
Sounds like a perfect way to spend a day! Thank you pd, lovely pics, too

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Back
Top