Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Back to order - CBs on the road. Beginning today we'll have a week of rain and cold, so this dry morning could not be wasted. I ended up doing a breakfast ride to the old and very qauint fishermans village Viken, just north of Helsingborg. Here Café Öresund serves a full breakfast with strong, fresh coffee and straight-from-the-oven sourdough buns. I just made it home before this blue sky turned dark grey and heavy drops started falling.
 
Olof_imp said:
Back to order - CBs on the road. Beginning today we'll have a week of rain and cold, so this dry morning could not be wasted. I ended up doing a breakfast ride to the old and very qauint fishermans village Viken, just north of Helsingborg. Here Café Öresund serves a full breakfast with strong, fresh coffee and straight-from-the-oven sourdough buns. I just made it home before this blue sky turned dark grey and heavy drops started falling.
Looking great Olof!
 
The weather was always changing from rain to sun and the other way round. Nevertheless I enjoyed the 100km ride. The temperature has climbed into 10° and something. Nice side effect, the CB's fuel consumption has dropped back to low 4,3l/100km instead of round about 5l during winter months.

 
A Color Line fargo ferry in the distance starting from Kiel's harbour. There are some ferry terminals with ships going in and out each day from or to Scandinavia or the Balticum.
 
36b6db1e78aca85248c28b121f7848aa.jpg

Not sure if this belongs here, but took my K1 out for a rip tonight and thought I’d post a pic since she was looking so nice in the sun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
run-tmc_imp said:
36b6db1e78aca85248c28b121f7848aa.jpg

Not sure if this belongs here, but took my K1 out for a rip tonight and thought I’d post a pic since she was looking so nice in the sun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably in "Other Bikes" section, but I reckon very few would complain.

Would love to preview a video of you kickstartin' that darlin'.
 
Nice shot, Rox. Looks like a great day.
 
Went for an overnight ride to Smøla, an island a few hours southwest of here. Spectacular roads the entire trip, no traffic, no rain (except for half an hour while we were waiting for the ferry), just me and my buddy enjoying our awesome bikes (he bought his BMW R nineT just a few weeks ago) and getting to know new places and new favorite roads.

678aa605ad742dc10a8267dbc09a51be.jpg

Mountains in the background are on the mainland, windmills on the island.

185e14971bbeed112c927648ba1506d4.jpg

Veidholmen, as far out in the ocean as you can get on a Honda, has had a thriving community for hundreds of years. None of the houses have panorama windows towards the sea, because this place gets WHIPPED all year round. That's the North Sea right there, and it can be hostile.

122409441ef5ef4b38f93914e91453f6.jpg

Stunning in any direction.

1aa600baa8953fdc7c875e7a92f67a0e.jpg

Everything is super well maintained out there, I'm assuming that they have to keep their houses in 100% shape, again because of the weather.

1636be822b4288817e64cb398318696c.jpg

Wheeeeeeeee!

a5d176a7d606bd1dd8e22f58b8e11ecd.jpg

Sunsets last for hours this far north. We're not quite in midnight sun latitudes here, but this time of year it never gets really dark. The sun sets for an hour or two, that's all.

bf0fac373ec115152dd9eb0f2690f940.jpg

Looking back after some spectacular uphill twisties. I tightened the preload on the springs for the first time going back yesterday, and I really liked it. No discernible downsides, just a tighter bike, more eager to go fast around corners. Feels safer, if you don't take into account that I probably used up the margins by going faster.

What a ride. This is the stuff we dream about all winter!


edit: I've put 3,000 km on it this year, expecting to see 15,000 later today. Yay!
edit2: This should probably have been in Seat Time.
 
Lovely report Hovmod, very new landscapes i have never seen before and you seem to know your way around the camera, thanks for sharing this with the group and glad you are enjoying yourself again.
 
Back
Top