Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

I love riding in the UP. Such a cool place.
 
The U.P. is one of my favorite places to ride. That would be an awesome place for a CB1100 get together
d1eb1415f6612de1de2b398846bafb86.png
My bro in law and I did it a few years ago. Unfortunately his and my style of riding differs and we did it in 3 days. We crossed the mighty Mac and camped at Paradise State Park, and the next day we rode all the way to Copper Harbor and camped at Copper Harbor State Park and rode home the next day back to Fort Wayne as he rode back to St Hghts Mich. I am planning a return trip where I spend more time enjoying the ride rather than hammering thru it like we did. The Fat Boy is long gone. I found my dream bike when I fould my 13 CB1100 and it had to go.
6f01667a4c04d1591666d0fabb605de1.jpg
875e61390ad7c66d3b0110ebf7f4d1ee.jpg
0b20522a98f348d3436a8339a5cbd09b.jpg
2372e2646f23cef8b66a592a662ccf9a.jpg


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Gotta admit there is a bit of envy looking at the scenery and all the beautiful places you get to ride on, US is a big place and I believe you can go to a place that has perfect riding weather at just about any time of the year without having to think about visas and border crossings and international insurances. But then one can only play with the cars they were dealt, so it is what it is.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Was just up that way last summer. Our group’s big trip was to the UP. We were as far west as Iron River and as far north as Copper Harbor. I have a number of roads and points of interest I can direct you to.

I’m actually working on a Seat Time report on our trip. There will be maps and such in that. Also, feel free to PM me
Looking forward to the Seat Time report!
Gordo_imp said:
The U.P. is one of my favorite places to ride. That would be an awesome place for a CB1100 get together
d1eb1415f6612de1de2b398846bafb86.png
My bro in law and I did it a few years ago. Unfortunately his and my style of riding differs and we did it in 3 days. We crossed the mighty Mac and camped at Paradise State Park, and the next day we rode all the way to Copper Harbor and camped at Copper Harbor State Park and rode home the next day back to Fort Wayne as he rode back to St Hghts Mich. I am planning a return trip where I spend more time enjoying the ride rather than hammering thru it like we did. The Fat Boy is long gone. I found my dream bike when I fould my 13 CB1100 and it had to go.
6f01667a4c04d1591666d0fabb605de1.jpg
875e61390ad7c66d3b0110ebf7f4d1ee.jpg
0b20522a98f348d3436a8339a5cbd09b.jpg
2372e2646f23cef8b66a592a662ccf9a.jpg


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hmmm, could be interesting...see below...

Gordo_imp said:
The U.P. is one of my favorite places to ride. That would be an awesome place for a CB1100 get together
d1eb1415f6612de1de2b398846bafb86.png
My bro in law and I did it a few years ago. Unfortunately his and my style of riding differs and we did it in 3 days. We crossed the mighty Mac and camped at Paradise State Park, and the next day we rode all the way to Copper Harbor and camped at Copper Harbor State Park and rode home the next day back to Fort Wayne as he rode back to St Hghts Mich. I am planning a return trip where I spend more time enjoying the ride rather than hammering thru it like we did. The Fat Boy is long gone. I found my dream bike when I fould my 13 CB1100 and it had to go.
6f01667a4c04d1591666d0fabb605de1.jpg
875e61390ad7c66d3b0110ebf7f4d1ee.jpg
0b20522a98f348d3436a8339a5cbd09b.jpg
2372e2646f23cef8b66a592a662ccf9a.jpg


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My rest up destination will be Champaign, Illinois--going there to visit my mom and two sisters, but Fort Wayne could be "on the way" as I go to Upper Michigan or come down from it. Got a couch?!? Then maybe escort me north?

The OR - Illinois trip is in the early planning stages, but I'm throwing out feelers.
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Gotta admit there is a bit of envy looking at the scenery and all the beautiful places you get to ride on, US is a big place and I believe you can go to a place that has perfect riding weather at just about any time of the year without having to think about visas and border crossings and international insurances. But then one can only play with the cars they were dealt, so it is what it is.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
It is one of the redeeming features of North America compared to the rest of the world, and in particular when speaking of the U.S. I hope it remains around for future generations to enjoy.

Like any place, it is a trade-off of all sorts (e.g. borders vs. hurricanes vs. ancient history vs. endless choice of asphalt vs. broader choice of machines vs. sunshine ... and the list goes on and on.).
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Gotta admit there is a bit of envy looking at the scenery and all the beautiful places you get to ride on, US is a big place and I believe you can go to a place that has perfect riding weather at just about any time of the year without having to think about visas and border crossings and international insurances. But then one can only play with the cars they were dealt, so it is what it is.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Tod
I gotta say I am envious of those living in Great Britian and England. Both my parents came over to the U.S. from Scotland in 1966. Mom and Dad came from the Moss Park area. The last time I was over the pond I was 14 and had a crap ton of motorcycle mags with me. And I longed for a bike especially when we visited Wales and went to England to visit more of my family. We took a ferry to the Isle of Man as well and my goodness what a cool place to visit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Gordo_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Gotta admit there is a bit of envy looking at the scenery and all the beautiful places you get to ride on, US is a big place and I believe you can go to a place that has perfect riding weather at just about any time of the year without having to think about visas and border crossings and international insurances. But then one can only play with the cars they were dealt, so it is what it is.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Tod
I gotta say I am envious of those living in Great Britian and England. Both my parents came over to the U.S. from Scotland in 1966. Mom and Dad came from the Moss Park area. The last time I was over the pond I was 14 and had a crap ton of motorcycle mags with me. And I longed for a bike especially when we visited Wales and went to England to visit more of my family. We took a ferry to the Isle of Man as well and my goodness what a cool place to visit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Tod
I gotta say I am envious of those living in Great Britian and England. Both my parents came over to the U.S. from Scotland in 1966. Mom and Dad came from the Moss Park area. The last time I was over the pond I was 14 and had a crap ton of motorcycle mags with me. And I longed for a bike especially when we visited Wales and went to England to visit more of my family. We took a ferry to the Isle of Man as well and my goodness what a cool place to visit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk To each their own

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Like the snap Wisedrum.

Now, the dawg.

1) The dawg really, really, really likes the CB (my first choice) and is protecting it.

2) The dawg is looking for the right moment with that front tire.
 
The rite of spring? I think so, though it was getting cold in the evening again. The ride will be continued tomorrow.



Wisedrum
 
I’m betting dsan’s is the one with the RLETs.
 
Back
Top