Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Nice work with the forum members Alprider, i like the one with the waterfall, where is this train station?
Like to look it up on google earth and have a wander around.
 
max_imp said:
Nice work with the forum members Alprider, i like the one with the waterfall, where is this train station?
Like to look it up on google earth and have a wander around.
waterfall ok one more........and googlemap....you havent "streetview" there bcos snow ?
 
Yup, streetview, and Oberalp pass was mostly white, trundled over the top and saw the lighthouse on the right just on the top of the pass;

The link is live and you can click on the map to move around etc.

Google Maps

This is the first time i have tried this link in google maps; highlight the address bar, copy and paste into the post and........surprise!

See? mostly snow but fun to ride through the landscape, thanks for the oberalp link!:thumbsup:
 
Found a nice, safe parking space on my ride to lunch the other day.

(turns out that my wife drove our Jeep to the same restaurant for a work lunch...just had to remind her not to back up to get out of the spot. LOL)

3849d8a975c1ed309d4523a524519fbc.jpg
 
Hey Cheryl has my initial on her wheel cover. I'm honored! (go ahead and try not to see M(ickey) now every time you look at it. HA!)
 
The weather here has been terrible for months. Ordinally I would have 2 months of good riding under my belt by now. But I went for just my second motorcycle ride of the year, and it was only to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up a prescription.

I am usually reluctant not to wear my boots and leather jacket, but it was just to
nice a day to bundle up in hot clothing. Felt like a 20 year old again scooting around the city in a shirt, jeans and running shoes. The only safety equipment was my open face helmet and deer skin gloves.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
The weather here has been terrible for months. Ordinally I would have 2 months of good riding under my belt by now. But I went for just my second motorcycle ride of the year, and it was only to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up a prescription.

I am usually reluctant not to wear my boots and leather jacket, but it was just to
nice a day to bundle up in hot clothing. Felt like a 20 year old again scooting around the city in a shirt, jeans and running shoes. The only safety equipment was my open face helmet and deer skin gloves.
Take calculated risks and live it up while we can. Many old guys on their HD in just a t-shirt and brain bucket filling the air with their (*cough*), tones.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
The weather here has been terrible for months. Ordinally I would have 2 months of good riding under my belt by now. But I went for just my second motorcycle ride of the year, and it was only to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up a prescription.

I am usually reluctant not to wear my boots and leather jacket, but it was just to
nice a day to bundle up in hot clothing. Felt like a 20 year old again scooting around the city in a shirt, jeans and running shoes. The only safety equipment was my open face helmet and deer skin gloves.
Take calculated risks and live it up while we can. Many old guys on their HD in just a t-shirt and brain bucket filling the air with their (*cough*), tones.
As Ferret has said, "I am not tough enough to ride a Harley".

I feel sheepish when I pull into a rest stop with Harley riders wearing just T-shirts, and I am peeling off fleeced lined gloves and a leather jacket lined with a down filled jacket.

Good thing the long underwear and flannel lined jeans are not apparent, or may take a lot of ribbing.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
The weather here has been terrible for months. Ordinally I would have 2 months of good riding under my belt by now. But I went for just my second motorcycle ride of the year, and it was only to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up a prescription.

I am usually reluctant not to wear my boots and leather jacket, but it was just to
nice a day to bundle up in hot clothing. Felt like a 20 year old again scooting around the city in a shirt, jeans and running shoes. The only safety equipment was my open face helmet and deer skin gloves.
Take calculated risks and live it up while we can. Many old guys on their HD in just a t-shirt and brain bucket filling the air with their (*cough*), tones.
As Ferret has said, "I am not tough enough to ride a Harley".

I feel sheepish when I pull into a rest stop with Harley riders wearing just T-shirts, and I am peeling off fleeced lined gloves and a leather jacket lined with a down filled jacket.

Good thing the long underwear and flannel lined jeans are not apparent, or may take a lot of ribbing.
As Ferret has said, "I am not tough enough to ride a Harley".

I feel sheepish when I pull into a rest stop with Harley riders wearing just T-shirts, and I am peeling off fleeced lined gloves and a leather jacket lined with a down filled jacket.

Good thing the long underwear and flannel lined jeans are not apparent, or may take a lot of ribbing.
No worries. I don't care for any HD look (both in favour and not).

Be who you are and to feel comfortable doing it. This life is way too short to be concerned what we think others are thinking of us - if they are even thinking at all.
 
Okay, one more for the month. Back home from my motorcycle vacation. Oil changed, chain cleaned and lubed, air filter cleared out, dead bugs washed off. Sometimes the best views are right here at home ...

c4d84017ca1288aa104f5e142572f0c1.jpg


Here's the (unfortunately shaky) video version:

 
Back
Top