Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Lovely photos Alprider. I particularly like the angle of the bike in the first one.
 
Well, the pavement ended. And I didn't want to backtrack. So, I road 18 miles on a forest service road to get to pavement again. I think I used the back brake more during that hour than I have in the previous two years.

 
cookiemech_imp said:
alprider, you not only have a beautiful YELLOW! bike, but the prettiest scenery of anyone!

And good photographic skills . . .
Meanwhile, I get to take more pictures of cars up on blocks. Do airlines allow CBs as carry-on?
 
Nope, air freight it is. Reminds me of back before I retired, and I got a temporary assignment. My boss said the company would pay to move 500lbs. I asked if they cared what the 500lbs consisted of. They did not, and my motorcycle at the time weighed 498lbs, so I had them move it to and from.
 
Took a 40 mile round trip ride for a cup of coffee... seems about right; it's very good coffee.

This ride put me over 3,000 miles for the month of July.

95f1f23d5ab1a5f786596e8443c0cf8e.jpg


5753cfadb2fa82ee38b1a59820e42359.jpg


Seems to me that the sign maker might have made a different font choice.

6b698da8137e29da2d7ec887de91126c.jpg
 


Just south of London on the way to the downs... not so green but, still pleasant lands ;-)

I’ve got a rough rule of thumb that for every hour before 10am on a Sunday (9am on Saturday) equals going back one decade in road traffic. It helps motivate hauling my arse out of bed at 5am knowing that I’ll be riding my bike in the 60’s.
It works in town as well and a 5.30/6am ride thru London on a summers Sunday morning is something special.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Great pics everyone.

I agree Sea.

Great philosophy Beardy.
 
some stunningly beautiful scenery and is there any better way to see it than have the wind in your face and on 2 wheels?
Yes the Indian is is incredible and i think of the men before us who dreamed of that machine like we did with the early Honda's and 2 strokes with pictures on our walls.... even Lawrence of Arabia died on a Brough Superior which would have been a hoot to ride . We live in wonderful times to ride the finest machines ever made = and they have BRAKES !
Thanks all for the great photo's
 
Back
Top