Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Thanks coliban! Not cold at all - left Irvine when it was 64, got to Lake Elsinore in the mid-70s
199fa70bb05b8b1a4eefbe592c96fe1b.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Looks great c-breezy!

I have a buddy that lives in Riverside and my sister lives in San Juan Capistrano right off of Ortega so I've traveled that path several times over the past few years. I enjoyed it, not too often too busy at least when I took it.

Back in the day, early 70's Ortega used to be a great place for some local camping, with a nice swimming hole for some low cliff diving (OK, and maybe some skinny dipping).
 
Thanks Gary. That was a pretty fun ride and was nice on a weekday but I can see how busy it might be on a weekend. Definitely need to check it out for camping and cliff diving and skinny dipping too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Took advantage of a beautiful day to ride up the Feather River canyon to Belden and back. Much of my puttin' around is on the valley floor but only 15 minutes east I get to the foothills, hop on 70, cross lake Oroville north fork and then climb up rapidly to about 2500 feet at Jarbo gap. Went by Scooter's, a local biker stop, and paused to take this shot looking down the canyon of the Middle fork.

Then corkscrew down to the river and get into the sweeping curves along the bank. The railroad tracks share the canyon, but on the opposite side of the river. Occasionally, they switch sides. Couldn't get up here to include this in "Bridge" month of the Photo Challenge.
edit- sorry but my bridge photo is not working. Will add it seperatly when I figure it out.:blush:
About an hour from my home I crossed the single lane bridge to Belden, small, rustic "resort" with bar and grill. Some big parties and popular in mid-summer but refreshingly uncrowded today. Sipped a Pepsi on the patio overlooking the river, then headed for home. There are a few tunnels, dark, dripping water, and about 30 degrees cooler on the long one. Fun ride, bike ran super, 117 miles.
 
Nice pics Ben. The CB is perfect for rides like that.
 
I'm not a dancer. Instead of dancing into May, I took the CB out for a ride and watched some surfers dancing on the waves, drank some tea, read a bit and let the sun warm my face, while a strong and cold eastwind was blowing. April will soon be over and my CB does not have this high idle problem these days anymore. Hopefully it's gone. Who knows.





Wisedrum
 
Got to ride with the LA 59 Club the other day. Great group of guys to ride with. Started in Claremont, rode the 39 to Crystal Lake, then over to Mt. Baldy Lodge. This pic was taken at the San Gabriel Canyon Road Lookout:

bb0332ad24cbc85f6e539848cec7de9e.jpg


Also: got to meet Rob and Diego, awesome guys!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Indeed ... it looks like a group trying to figure out exactly what the next challenge is and whether they're up to it.
 
ÖLike to share 2 pics of a lovely days end with you.
Feels a bit like summer the whole day through.
It's not the CB but my Kawa, I hope you will not mind it.





Wisedrum
 
The Kawasaki is a very pretty bike. Great shots.
 
Back
Top