Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

It was a bit warm in the lower elevations today, so I took a ride up to Globe, AZ in the mountains. Saw a lot of bikes out on the road today. Seems I wasn't the only one itching to take a ride to the high country. I forgot to take my lanyard cam, so I just got a few side-of-the-road pics.

Entering the mountains just east of Superior, AZ.

4032fc176d771aeda4aa66161b8e96f3.jpg


Heading into Queen Creek Canyon.
3bd412ed4482d6552f42437f0ef2701f.jpg
 
Not my CB1100, but I took my other CB out on the road today. Just a short 100 mi. loop to Canyon Lake in the Superstition Mountains. I don't visit there often because the road is a nightmare. While it's paved, there are these heaves running across the road about every 10-15 ft. It makes the ride somewhat like riding down the center of a railroad track. It will definitely test your suspension (and your kidneys :P )

Twisty road, but speed is not your friend due to the bumps.

90b3832a65da8d8685a7a2a33284d0df.jpg


Stopped for a break on the lake shore.

b32c900a5bc8e3b12d42ad61e96726cf.jpg
 
e41c2a12ff86eef97406e92bde6f6665.jpg
my nephew taking my cb for a spin



Damfino_imp said:
Well, not my idea (I'm borrowing it from my other forum) but why not post up pics of your rides while out on the road and have one place to put them. Common sense rules, no driveway pics, no friends driveway, no gas station or other commercial lots. Let's reach for the scenic view whether it be mountains, rivers, valleys, or that early morning landfill shot with the steam rising off the pile of garbage. Just be out on the road and pulled over somewhere safe when getting that artistic shot!  :thumbsup:
 
Couple of guys on here mention going to Alice's on occassion.
 
Took mine out for a nice little ride up on Turnbull Canyon yesterday, in the foreground is downtown LA
720eebf853424e7bb7320ed286e21362.jpg
also finished up my 2nd mod, the license plate frame. Much more to come.
a57d01ff4b35500aa3e018321c12e2e5.jpg
smoke break, going to quit this year.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
 
Good for you Flowpez. Nasty and expensive habit. They say it is tough. Hang in there man.
 
Rode to Bommer Canyon yesterday, thank God for all the recent rain - I don't remember it ever being this green!
15ffafd26811c33602671a99270500c1.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
Good for you Flowpez. Nasty and expensive habit. They say it is tough. Hang in there man.
It's defiantly nasty and with the 2 dollar a pack tax add on coming, it will help motivate to quit!
c-breezy_imp said:
Rode to Bommer Canyon yesterday, thank God for all the recent rain - I don't remember it ever being this green!
15ffafd26811c33602671a99270500c1.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is quite amazing seeing all the green, all over. Unreal!
 
Back
Top