Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Today I visited an old classmate of mine and together with his wife we rode to Sehestedt with 3 bikes, a small village with a ferry transfer at the Kiel canel. It was a lovely and clear sunny sunday. This guy we met rides an old british army bike, an Armstrong with a Rotax 500 single. As he said, the most reliable bike he ever has ridden. He also mentioned the 2nd piston at 80.000km and a better KTM camshaft, that fits, now in use...



Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Thank you.

Here's another pic showing my friends, their bikes and the canel.



Wisedrum

Wisedrum..what kind of bike is the camo/ adv looking job on the left?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
Thank you.

Here's another pic showing my friends, their bikes and the canel.



Wisedrum

Wisedrum..what kind of bike is the camo/ adv looking job on the left?
If I understand your question right, I've already answered it in my description above. It's an old britisch military bike the owner bought when the army sold it. It is something special and I think it wasn't build for the common man.

By the way there is no snow in my area at this time. And moderate temperatures today during the daytime too. Up to 10°. Good for biking.

Wisedrum
 
Hey you are a long way from home aren't ya EOW?
 
Good to see you getting out EOW.
 
There is definitely something to be said for owners who keep their oldies running reliably on the road. Those lucky bikes are some sort of soul mate with the owner.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hey you are a long way from home aren't ya EOW?
New home!!!
2f616187cfd2e82d552208e08169279d.png
 
Ahhh cool! How are you finding the left coast?
 
1afddccd78c40ee568bfe88614e9d0b8.jpg

Finally stopped raining! I thought I’d ride down to Lake Cumberland and get an artsy shot by the lake, but it’s rained so much that the lake is at record flood stage and all of the roads leading to docks are flooded. This was as close as I could get. But, great day to ride and it’s NOT RAINING (until Thursday
d7f93e59324c20f707c14f9c205624d9.png
)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
cragar854_imp said:
1afddccd78c40ee568bfe88614e9d0b8.jpg

Finally stopped raining! I thought I’d ride down to Lake Cumberland and get an artsy shot by the lake, but it’s rained so much that the lake is at record flood stage and all of the roads leading to docks are flooded. This was as close as I could get. But, great day to ride and it’s NOT RAINING (until Thursday
d7f93e59324c20f707c14f9c205624d9.png
)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bah! You on [beautiful] m/c. Unless pick-up truck driver (anywhere in sight?) had rifle, could have snuck around the road bend. :)
 
cragar854_imp said:
1afddccd78c40ee568bfe88614e9d0b8.jpg

Finally stopped raining! I thought I’d ride down to Lake Cumberland and get an artsy shot by the lake, but it’s rained so much that the lake is at record flood stage and all of the roads leading to docks are flooded. This was as close as I could get. But, great day to ride and it’s NOT RAINING (until Thursday
d7f93e59324c20f707c14f9c205624d9.png
)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea thats what ot looks like here by the Ohio river too
 
The 17s are growing on me. Looks really nice with the RC fairing.
 
The ferret_imp said:
The 17s are growing on me. Looks really nice with the RC fairing.
That fairing is indeed tidy*.

'17 grew on me in '17. But, I really should beat down my '14 first. That could be a trick. Would have to betray it. :dodgy:





*(no RLETs)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
cragar854_imp said:
1afddccd78c40ee568bfe88614e9d0b8.jpg

Finally stopped raining! I thought I’d ride down to Lake Cumberland and get an artsy shot by the lake, but it’s rained so much that the lake is at record flood stage and all of the roads leading to docks are flooded. This was as close as I could get. But, great day to ride and it’s NOT RAINING (until Thursday
d7f93e59324c20f707c14f9c205624d9.png
)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bah! You on [beautiful] m/c. Unless pick-up truck driver (anywhere in sight?) had rifle, could have snuck around the road bend. :)
Bah! You on [beautiful] m/c. Unless pick-up truck driver (anywhere in sight?) had rifle, could have snuck around the road bend. :)

I could have but it’s a really steep incline past there and then there’s the water. Too cold to go swimming just yet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cea51f8cd8c4687328f276700af74638.jpg

Took a good, dam ride today. Stopped and took a dam picture. Didn’t see the dam guide or I would have taken a dam tour. But it was an overall great dam ride. Sorry, couldn’t resist.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Gee I like the look of that 2017.
 
Back
Top