Leno's CB1100

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
I think someone mentioned this before, but I've caught a CB1100 in the background in more than one video showing Jay Leno's collection.

Was watching a Hagerty documentary about the Chrysler Turbine last night, and caught it again.

Can't find a video or mention of a dedicated review of the bike by Leno after doing about ten seconds of research. He probably has at one point.
 
This is actually funny to me because Barber doesn't have one in his collection...at least not on display. Wonder what Leno sees int he bike that Barber doesn't? the two of them are always trying to one up eachother tit for tat.
 
Thread starter
Interesting point.

The Barber is on my bucket list. The current motorcycle display at the Petersen is "Selections from the Barber", with some pretty spectacular bikes.
But no CB1100 (Unless I rode mine to work that day... but guess that doesn't count, mine's in the parking garage).
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I think someone mentioned this before, but I've caught a CB1100 in the background in more than one video showing Jay Leno's collection.

Was watching a Hagerty documentary about the Chrysler Turbine last night, and caught it again.

Can't find a video or mention of a dedicated review of the bike by Leno after doing about ten seconds of research. He probably has at one point.
Send Jay Leno an email.

There has got to be a reason, maybe it is a simple one: He likes it.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
I think someone mentioned this before, but I've caught a CB1100 in the background in more than one video showing Jay Leno's collection.

Was watching a Hagerty documentary about the Chrysler Turbine last night, and caught it again.

Can't find a video or mention of a dedicated review of the bike by Leno after doing about ten seconds of research. He probably has at one point.
Send Jay Leno an email.

There has got to be a reason, maybe it is a simple one: He likes it.
Sure. I'll have my people call his people.

Acutally, I'll tuck that away, and next time he shows up at a car show I am attending, I'll remember to ask. Happens from time to time.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
I think someone mentioned this before, but I've caught a CB1100 in the background in more than one video showing Jay Leno's collection.

Was watching a Hagerty documentary about the Chrysler Turbine last night, and caught it again.

Can't find a video or mention of a dedicated review of the bike by Leno after doing about ten seconds of research. He probably has at one point.
Send Jay Leno an email.

There has got to be a reason, maybe it is a simple one: He likes it.
Sure. I'll have my people call his people.

Acutally, I'll tuck that away, and next time he shows up at a car show I am attending, I'll remember to ask. Happens from time to time.
Sure. I'll have my people call his people.

Acutally, I'll tuck that away, and next time he shows up at a car show I am attending, I'll remember to ask. Happens from time to time.
I was going to, but you should reap the benefit:

Contact Leno's Garage

You might be surprised.
 
Thread starter
Hmmm. Interesting. Might have to reach out. I've been out of town when the few chances I've gotten to visit his collection have come up. He does come to quite a few local shows. Typically rolls in with something very weird or rare, hangs out for a bit, zeroes in on one car he likes, chats with the owner for a bit, then takes off.

Everyone just treats him like a reguar car guy.
 
I'd have to bet he has VIN 000001.
 
Okay, message sent.

Maybe if more Forum folks message him, Jay's office could reply with a short blurb?



(Maybe Jay is secretly already a Forum member?)
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
GO, you sent a message to Leno's email?
Just to his office general email address, as listed in the previous URL.

Maybe they won't give the time of day to a lowly single CB1100 Forum folk. But, maybe many folk could get his office to respond? I don't have any expectations.
 
So if Jay Leno has a CB1100, does that mean he's keeping it to preserve it's uniqueness and probably not riding it much?

Which makes me wonder....how many people treat their CB as a garage queen? Is it worth keeping the miles low on it and trying to maintain a pristine condition? Or is it "just" a motorcycle and should be enjoyed till you wear it out?

Discuss.....
 
One thing for sure is:

Leno won't get rich keeping the CB1100. He is already rich.

However, he will likely still make some extra stash since this is a "bike owned by Jay Leno". Likely his estate will be the beneficiary of any net gains.

For the rest of us common folk, it is highly unlikely anyone will "get rich" keeping a CB1100 queen'ed up. Even if it sold for $100,000 - that would be a one-time gain. In addition, quite likely a future family member(s) will be the beneficiary as you decay elsewhere.

I say ride, and ride as often as you can - any weather. Go chase down a tornado on the CB1100. Get pictures with it. At least you can take the images and memories past your riding career and the experience imprinted into "your bones" as long as they are around. As long as I can breath, I will feel the rumble of my life rides in the fabric of my existence.
 
Thread starter
He uses his stuff, no doubt. Maybe the CB1100 is a go-to bike for him, since it's not jet-powered, or a V-10, or something complicated.

If I happen across our collection manager at the museum, I'll see if I can get him to ask Mr. Leno about it.
 
deuce17EX_imp said:
So if Jay Leno has a CB1100, does that mean he's keeping it to preserve it's uniqueness and probably not riding it much?

Which makes me wonder....how many people treat their CB as a garage queen? Is it worth keeping the miles low on it and trying to maintain a pristine condition? Or is it "just" a motorcycle and should be enjoyed till you wear it out?

Discuss.....

My red CB1100dx is a garage king with 65k miles… retired from cross country rides but still in my regular ride cycle
7da889e546d5e3b76d405ee66b6e090d.png
389b8adf0330737ddd802ce5ab55b338.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top