Leftover DLX?

eats leafs shoots_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I've really wanted a CB1100 for awhile, and it's been very difficult to watch them drop from $11k to $6k without getting one into my garage. However, I won't ride a bike without ABS after my CTX700 saved my tush from a definite high side, and my wife won't let me get one without ABS either (she knows what a tone wheel looks like!).

Are there ANY good deals on ABS-laden, new, leftover CB1100s out there? There are reams of $6-7k standards out there, but I need something that won't buck me over the bars if I lock up the front.
 
No but you might look at SS2Wheels used DLX. It's practically new.
 
I agree with you that ABS should be a requirement, but if you're seriously concerned about locking up your front wheel and going over the bars, don't be. I sincerely doubt a CB could achieve such a maneuver. Good luck with your search.
 
Do you have to have a 2014? There are some low mileage 2014s out there that pop up from time to time but people know what they are worth and ask accordingly.

There are currently 3 2013 ABS bikes for sale on Cycletrader as follows:

$5850 - private seller - Chicago - 500 miles

$5995 - Harley dealer - Eugene, Or - 9441 miles

$8999 - dealer - Johnson City, Tenn - new!
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
I agree with you that ABS should be a requirement, but if you're seriously concerned about locking up your front wheel and going over the bars, don't be. I sincerely doubt a CB could achieve such a maneuver. Good luck with your search.
I'm not concerned about an endo, I'm concerned about high siding.

I just can't pay $9k for a new ABS model when the non-ABS are selling for $6k - the deal finder in me won't allow it. It's also tough for me to justify a flight to Chicago from Denver not knowing if the bike will even pass muster, plus the cost+time of riding it or shipping it from there would easily be $1k or more with a flight.
 
The ABS is not a anti highsider tool ! !

And btw.

Only 2-3 bike modells have until now the new curve-ABS tech.
 
There is a dealer in Colorado that has already started discounting the new 2017s close to $1800.
 
kennyw_imp said:
There is a dealer in Colorado that has already started discounting the new 2017s close to $1800.
That seems a little too early.
 
I'm not surprised. Prime riding season is just about over out here and it seems the dealers are already panicking. The road to Mt. Evans closed yesterday, Trail Ridge Road will be closing in a few more weeks, and ski season opens in mid-October, which means many high passes will either be closed for the winter or too snowpacked to ride safely. Certainly, by mid-November, most folks will have put their bikes up for the winter, though it is possible to ride year 'round if one chooses, especially if the mountains are avoided. There are a lot of good deals to be had on new bikes right now.
 
eats leafs shoots_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I agree with you that ABS should be a requirement, but if you're seriously concerned about locking up your front wheel and going over the bars, don't be. I sincerely doubt a CB could achieve such a maneuver. Good luck with your search.
I'm not concerned about an endo, I'm concerned about high siding.

I just can't pay $9k for a new ABS model when the non-ABS are selling for $6k - the deal finder in me won't allow it. It's also tough for me to justify a flight to Chicago from Denver not knowing if the bike will even pass muster, plus the cost+time of riding it or shipping it from there would easily be $1k or more with a flight.
I think owners of DLX bikes--if they are well cared for and 3-10k miles range--will ask over 7k$, maybe as much as 9 or 10 because they may have significant "add-ons". A poster mentioned a "new" one, but that would be "news" to all here because I think it's been established that there are no new DLX '14 leftovers. But, captain Ahab did eventually catch up to the white whale, so maybe there is one out there.

If ABS is a must, and price is a strong consideration, then I think your only option is a slighty used '14 DLX, at around 7-7.5$ or slightly higher. If you find a clean DLX between 5.5 and 7k$, I'll wager most here would say that was an awesome deal for you...and the bike might last as long as you want to ride.

Here's an example, and seller says firm at 8k$:
https://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-cb1100-deluxe/6291702935.html

Not black:dodgy: two pipes, abs, larger fuel tank, 4k miles...beautiful looking machine.

If you can prod yourself to no ABS, and can stand the black STND, then those leftover '14 models may sell at $6-6.5k, with a year warranty. Heck, I'll bet some dealers are about to accept less than 6k with fall nearly here and winter around the corner.

I hope you find one!
 
2013 DLX -- no such animal. The 2014 DLX's were sold out by mid-2015. A bunch of us searched in vain back then to find one, to no avail.
 
probably the kid in me just loves seeing that 140 MPH speedo on the 2013. Speedo was the 1st thing i looked at as a kid on any bike and loved my unrestricted Busa with its 220 MPH Speedo .... YO :biker:
 
If that's the bike you want, the price is compelling, plus it's nearby so no shipping required. I expect that'll be the going price for most '13's and '14's over the next few years, at least around here, and at least for bikes that have been enjoyed and don't still have only 1000 miles on them.
 
What does the BB in the ad title stand for?

I'd be very suspicious of this one, TBH. If it is free of damage, though, it is practically a steal.

According to his NADA link, low retail is $3835.
 
ABS is effective mostly in panic stops only......so , just don't panic. A lot of us have ridden for 50 plus years , and no ABS until very recently. And we can still , ugh , drink through a straw. With help.
 
Back
Top