lean ABS performance

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
It seems that Bosch is still number one manufacturer of advanced ABS for motorcycles. Performance over years - straight and in a lean - up, up, up. Weight of the units down by 90%, design system lifetime now 65,000 miles. And yes ... what I describe here is not breaking news.

But I think the table below is worth a consideration (with a little help in translation, since Bosch is a German privately owned company and their main market is Japan):
- the table's title : braking in panic, from 45 mph
- on the left 3 different bikes[/code], with ABS on and off ("ohne")
- Kurven-ABS is synonym for the latest generation
- bank angle shown on top
A green result shows safe values, yellow is critical, red is ...

One interesting result is shown in row 2, the KTM with regular (older type) ABS. Beyond 30 deg even the pro/s go down. This means I will go down beyond 25 degrees lean.

[img=100x50]

 
I have lean ABS on my Tiger, I don't care to try its functionality or test its limits!
 
Back
Top