Latest Addition to the hoard

hondahoarder_imp

Been there
Thread starter
That is actually an XS1100 midnight special (all black treatment). I prefer the std xs 11 but same motor and shaft system. Rolling on and off the throttle you can make the bike jump up and down like a ghetto car lol

Neat addition to the hoard. Congrats
 
Thread starter
They are a beast, yes the midnight treatment was way I said, folks either loved them or hated them. A the time i loved them, always wanted one and the deal was perfect.
 
Hmmm speed reading missed that Curt. Sorry. Amazing how powerful they were for the time. Fun fun motorcycle
 
Thread starter
I don't know how you keep up with it all anyway, good job you keep the place rolling. Hope we can cross paths and catch up this summer Mickey!
 
The ferret_imp said:
That is actually an XS1100 midnight special (all black treatment). I prefer the std xs 11 but same motor and shaft system. Rolling on and off the throttle you can make the bike jump up and down like a ghetto car lol

Neat addition to the hoard. Congrats
I liked the looks of the Midnight Special. It's was almost as handsome as the black Norton Commando with gold lettering. But I bought a Yamaha XS1100G for touring as it had the larger fuel tank, quieter mufflers and more comfortable seat for two up riding.



I equipped it with a Vetter fairing, saddle bags and trunk, as well as, a AM/FM/CB radio. I enjoyed a lot, but traded it in on a Honda Aspencade in 1982.
 
Nice one Hondahoarder aka Guzzihoarder aks Yamahahoarder aka OneKawasakiMan.

Why don't we just call you BikeHoarder? :D
 
Hey Hondahoarder, how about getting the "horde" outside for a group photo. Do you have a wide angle lens? Would be fun to see all of them together.
 
Nice ! I like them :-)
The only obviously non-stock item is the exhaust (edit: I missed the first time around that you already mentioned this.. but of course you would !)
I can't imagine what it must cost to get a NOS black chromed exhaust for these (?)
 
i remember the Midnight Specials. They were in that odd "extra bling" category, like the Kawasaki Spectre series. For those folks that liked blacked out parts and some extra gold trimmings on their Special or LTD. I don't recall that Honda or Suzuki did anything like that.

Here's a Kaw.


Yammi's Midnight Specials came in 650 twin, 850 triple and 1100 inline 4. I don't recall seeing to many of the 650s or 850s, but the 1100 was pretty popular.

Looks like you got a nice one, HH! Congrats!
 
No picture, Flynrider.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
i remember the Midnight Specials. They were in that odd "extra bling" category, like the Kawasaki Spectre series. For those folks that liked blacked out parts and some extra gold trimmings on their Special or LTD. I don't recall that Honda or Suzuki did anything like that.

Here's a Kaw.


Yammi's Midnight Specials came in 650 twin, 850 triple and 1100 inline 4. I don't recall seeing to many of the 650s or 850s, but the 1100 was pretty popular.

Looks like you got a nice one, HH! Congrats!
It's stretching my memory, but (without using a search engine !).. I don't think there was a 650 twin Midnight.. there was a Virago 920 or whatever the liter size was though (?)..
 
Cormanus_imp said:
No picture, Flynrider.
Hmmm. I could see it fine. How about this :

Kaw Spectre 1100
3887419e65d09d3b0a3775b8516c609b.jpg

furious_blue_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
i remember the Midnight Specials. They were in that odd "extra bling" category, like the Kawasaki Spectre series. For those folks that liked blacked out parts and some extra gold trimmings on their Special or LTD. I don't recall that Honda or Suzuki did anything like that.

Here's a Kaw.


Yammi's Midnight Specials came in 650 twin, 850 triple and 1100 inline 4. I don't recall seeing to many of the 650s or 850s, but the 1100 was pretty popular.

Looks like you got a nice one, HH! Congrats!
It's stretching my memory, but (without using a search engine !).. I don't think there was a 650 twin Midnight.. there was a Virago 920 or whatever the liter size was though (?)..
Good memory! It was the XV1000 v-twin, not the XS650 parallel twin.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
No picture, Flynrider.
Hmmm. I could see it fine. How about this :

Kaw Spectre 1100
3887419e65d09d3b0a3775b8516c609b.jpg

furious_blue_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
i remember the Midnight Specials. They were in that odd "extra bling" category, like the Kawasaki Spectre series. For those folks that liked blacked out parts and some extra gold trimmings on their Special or LTD. I don't recall that Honda or Suzuki did anything like that.

Here's a Kaw.


Yammi's Midnight Specials came in 650 twin, 850 triple and 1100 inline 4. I don't recall seeing to many of the 650s or 850s, but the 1100 was pretty popular.

Looks like you got a nice one, HH! Congrats!
It's stretching my memory, but (without using a search engine !).. I don't think there was a 650 twin Midnight.. there was a Virago 920 or whatever the liter size was though (?)..
Good memory! It was the XV1000 v-twin, not the XS650 parallel twin.
Hmmm. I could see it fine. How about this :

Kaw Spectre 1100
092355e177e8fee9cfbf27e9a909f459.jpg

furious_blue_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
i remember the Midnight Specials. They were in that odd "extra bling" category, like the Kawasaki Spectre series. For those folks that liked blacked out parts and some extra gold trimmings on their Special or LTD. I don't recall that Honda or Suzuki did anything like that.

Here's a Kaw.


Yammi's Midnight Specials came in 650 twin, 850 triple and 1100 inline 4. I don't recall seeing to many of the 650s or 850s, but the 1100 was pretty popular.

Looks like you got a nice one, HH! Congrats!
It's stretching my memory, but (without using a search engine !).. I don't think there was a 650 twin Midnight.. there was a Virago 920 or whatever the liter size was though (?)..
Good memory! It was the XV1000 v-twin, not the XS650 parallel twin.
Spectre !

I remember the Kwacker ads from that time paraphrasing: 'no neon brassiness here' (obviously referring to the beautiful gold-colored plating on the Midnight Specials)...

Great time in motorcycling's past :-)
 
Thanks, Flynrider. The original is still not showing here. Must be the distance to Australia?

The Spectre's a fine looking machine.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Nice one Hondahoarder aka Guzzihoarder aks Yamahahoarder aka OneKawasakiMan.

Why don't we just call you BikeHoarder? :D
Haa We've adopted Cycle Hoarders
redbirds_imp said:
Hey Hondahoarder, how about getting the "horde" outside for a group photo. Do you have a wide angle lens? Would be fun to see all of them together.

Did that when it was smaller, need to do an update you can see them all here though. Need a bigger driveway LOL

Here is a Slide Show
furious_blue_imp said:
Actually it gets better, found an old registration from the original owner. Looked him up and he has them in a barn and is going to give them to me!! Score!
Thanks guys we both walked away happy traded an 09 Yamaha XT250 even for it!
 
Back
Top