Las Vegas Motorcycle Auction - Crazy!

pekingduck

Road warrior
Thread starter
It's January 2025, time for the annual Mecum Las Vegas Motorcycle Auction crazy time. Thursday's big winners/losers:

A super clean 1986 Yamaha Radian YX600, a decent UJM bike at the time, sold for $33,000.



Too much? How about and an equally nice 1989 Honda XL600V Transalp for only $27,500. (Remember, buyer pays an extra 10%-12% buyer's premium.)


Congratulations to the second place bidders - they'll wake up tomorrow grateful they dodged that bullet!
 
Holy Crap those sold for a lot!
IMO a CBX is the king of the vintage bikes, especially a UJM style, and those don't even get that expensive in great shape!
 
Big buck$$$$$$$$$$$ for nice bikes!!!!!
 
Maybe I should just park the CB1100, wait some 40 years, then sell it and retire. Oh wait, I'll be dead.
 
Those prices are nuts. But, near-zero 80s cars are going for stupid right now, so it's what the market will bear.
I figure that based on market prices, my CB is worth marginally more than what I paid for it, so that makes me feel like I made a good investment. Not as good as my friend who bought an air-cooled 911 when they were cheap, but still good.
 
it's funny when I sold my 69 BSA her in Ohio in the late 70's I sold it for $750 and lamented that if I could have sold it in California I could have gotten about $2300 for it from what I saw in magazines. I can only imagine what I could have sold it for had I kept it and put it in one of these Meecum Auctions. Probably more than 10 times that. Maybe 20 times times.
 
I agree. I guess some people got a ton of money to spend on these bikes. Sometimes you see some good deals and other times you see a bike sell for some ridiculously high price.
 
Back
Top