laguna tail bag.......love it

fredkb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
great bag to carry gloves, lunch to work, soda, polish and rags, owners manuals, tire guage, etc..... also can remove easily with built in bungee cords and built in rain cover. Zipper at base to expand storage by about 2" if needed. A great bag for daily use for commuting to work. I have also folded my thermal hunting suit up flat and place laguna bag on top, then attach the built in bungee cords as usual ,for when cold in the mornings but too hot to wear thermal suit on the way home in the evening. T
22ce91d07d51e3d32ba8e6ada68d0c9c.jpg
66551f1e867c602aaba930738fe2f857.jpg
a9090b1b71862c9f84c9c24c84aca288.jpg
86bec34d5bc66d50b1f07e603be7a5f6.jpg
31ce0606536fbf28e75b4325cd114f62.jpg
his bag will also work great as an extra bag along with a luggage rack ,which I hope to have soon. The dealer threw the bag in free when I bought the bike. The bag retails for $100.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Really nice looking bag Fred, looks very practical. and wasn't it nice of Honda to include those tie down hooks on the passenger grab rails.
 
Thread starter
Hey Ferret, Yes those tie down posts are in the perfect location to attach bungee cords. You would be surprised at all the stuff I used to bungee down on the back of the seat on my little dr650. You really only need a luggage rack if you carry a passenger. The cb really had a lot of thought in the design process. Or you could make your passenger wear a back pack or bungee stuff to their back. Ha ha just kiddng as my significant other is giving me the evil eye.
I even carried Bobo on my dr650 in a gym bag with his head sticking out to my girlfriends house 5 miles away. When I got ready to go home he ran to the motorcycle wagging his tail, waiting to ride back.
947772f78dcb72baf7edef242c77a341.jpg

by the way,my significant other and my girlfriend are the same person. Did not want to confuse any one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Thats a good looking tail bag. I bought a tourmaster tail bag and I like it but I sure like the system you have there to tie it off with. Much more practical. I am going to look into some sort of conversion on mine if possible.
 
Nice bag! I have a Sedici Veneto tail bag. Similar compartments, but not as well built as yours, at least appears that way. It has a four point bungee system, like yours, and yes, those tie downs on the grab bar are just right.

Cheers
 
Yeah, thanks for the pics and write-up. I might look into buying one of those. Though I wonder how well the hooks would fit over the Honda luggage rack attachment points (as opposed to the pegs they replace)...
 
Thanks for the pics and write-up. I might look into buying one of those, too. Easy on/off, big enough to be useful, but still sleek, plus handy sub-compartments. Nice.
 
Weird. My bike place has this bag on display, when I tried it on the bike, the bungees hung way too low and wouldn't secure the bag. Unless I'm missing something, they aren't adjustable are they? I have the worst luck with luggage...
 
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/wolfman-wolf-tail-bag

I have the Honda rear rack, and this looked like it might work well with that, so I decided to give it a try. Haven't used it for-real yet, but it mounts up very nicely, is a good size, and seems like a quality piece of gear. One thing that drew me to it was the fact that the bungees are loops: they have plastic hooks at the end, but those can be removed, allowing you to slip the bungees themselves over attachment points (e.g., the little posts on the bottom of the Honda rack). Watch the vid on the Wolfman site if you don't know what I mean.

It bugs me a little that a $130 bag is neither waterproof nor equipped with a rain cover...but I have an old cover from another bag, and I don't plan to ride the CB in the rain much, so I can live with it.

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=84
 
I just bought the First Gear Laguna and really like it. I had to criss-cross the bungees to get them snug enough to keep the bag in place. It looks you did not do that. Did you shorten up the bungees?
 
Bought the Laguna tail bag at local shop.
Fits perfect and can expand nicely.
The back pack i had fit in it.
I ran the bungies around one hook to anchor them on the same hook. You have to get the leg over pretty high to sit...
passing the leg over the seat could scratch the tank.
Overall it's a nice addition to the look of the bike.
 
Thread starter
I removed bungee and tied several knots in it to shorten it. You can always untie it later if you want it back long.
1b474576efa64a089527880dc8ce5619.jpg
82962fafc874d8f226fed5276586af8e.jpg

It will still strech very far even when shortened. I fold my large hunting suit up , put the bag on top and bungee down as usual.
54462a2ed3e056ae56b4c4e2595bd5b1.jpg
a060b91bf03071da66ae6f1d58cfb695.jpg

I fit 5 quarts of oil, oil filter, gloves, lunch, cleaner, rags, bacalava and can of chain lube in bag when expanded with no problem.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top