KTM's Need Not Be Ugly

GoldOxide_imp said:
Mean lookin' mouth on that tailpipe.
Thanks GoldOxide - that was before I had a new exhaust fabricated by a local builder.

Here's a few of his work and some before and after shots. He repurposed most of the header pipes, but lopped off the stock cat and resonator box (which weighs a ton) and built a section with flow through race mufflers.

 
Question on that KTM.. is that slider really going to protect anything if you go down?
 
Lol no no no, a test guess will have to do
 
The ferret_imp said:
Question on that KTM.. is that slider really going to protect anything if you go down?
Not really going to protect anything from damage, no. What it's designed to do is allow the bike to slide if it does down, versus digging into the asphalt and flipping, catching or catapulting.. But I hope to never find out.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol no no no, a test guess will have to do
lol - sorry Ferret. I have gotten used to ADV bikes going down usually within a couple weeks. Things get "tested" rather quickly, as well as the ability to lift the beast back on its feet too (which appears to be problematic for many riders).
 
NovaCB1100_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Question on that KTM.. is that slider really going to protect anything if you go down?
Not really going to protect anything from damage, no. What it's designed to do is allow the bike to slide if it does down, versus digging into the asphalt and flipping, catching or catapulting.. But I hope to never find out.
Not really going to protect anything from damage, no. What it's designed to do is allow the bike to slide if it does down, versus digging into the asphalt and flipping, catching or catapulting.. But I hope to never find out.
I hope so for you too Nova
 
NovaCB1100_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Question on that KTM.. is that slider really going to protect anything if you go down?
Not really going to protect anything from damage, no. What it's designed to do is allow the bike to slide if it does down, versus digging into the asphalt and flipping, catching or catapulting.. But I hope to never find out.
Hmm, yeah, good point.
 
Man that 1290 is a beast.

Re the original post, I don't see the point of buying a new bike and changing it to make it worse at its intended purpose than the original.

Higher centre of gravity, much less fuel range, skinny seat, no screen, less efficient lighting, maybe heavier(?), maybe less reliable(?), at what was surely an astronomical price.

I like a lot of custom bikes, usually appearance changes but often involving improvements in handling/performance and some weight loss, I'm generally not a fan of sacrificing performance or usability for the sake of appearances.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Lots better... except that seat! Ouch!
I agree. I look forward to the day that someone is able to design a seat that looks cool and is still ride-able. These wonderful builds always seem to forget that your butt has to go somewhere. Maybe that's why these only get ridden to the coffee shop.
 
Back
Top