Knocked another state off the list

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
South Dakota.

Only 5 more to go to complete the lower 48

Lets see how sharp you guys are. What do you notice in this pic?

0951a06343208c840c473e9eebb227ee.jpg
 
Thread starter
Good eye Blockhead.

The real owner

49199ea5a65f63b31e47903a69c68be5.jpg


My wife and I met up with MTC and his crew for a few days before we moved on to North Dakota, and MTC was kind enough to let me ride his CB thorough part of Badlands Natl Park and through the entirety of Rt 16 in Custer State Park, a deliciously curvy road for about 50 miles. Incidentally I was riding behind his wife Cheryl who set a blistering pace on her Triumph. The girl can ride!

Many thanks to MTC's generosity which allowed me to knock South Dakota off my lower 48 list.

The Badlands

616ff953fbeeb92f3902cd3ba87981b0.jpg
 
Thread starter
We indeed had a wonderful time.
 
Were you caging it, Ferret?
 
Thread starter
Yes Cormanus, my wife and I were caging it. She can no longer do the long rides anymore and this trip was 3500 miles including four 10 hour days behind the wheel. Visiting the Badlands was our plan, as well as Theodore Roosevelt Natl Park in North Dakota. It just so happened that Empty Sea's group was going very close to there this year (Custer SD) and he extended an invitation to us, so for 4 days we ended up staying at the same place they did and we sort of ran sweep for them in our car. Empty Sea told me to bring riding gear and he would make sure I would be able to knock SD off my list. He even offered to let me ride his CB to ND and knock that state off my list but it would have been an 8 hour round trip ride on arrow straight roads thru the plains at near 90 degrees so I decided against that plan lol.

We had hoped to see Buffalo, which we did

51e535eaeb1d37514a7ca0c195c38461.jpg


5d4bd326e98385930178c043bae07904.jpg


This one Mrs Ferret could have touched out the window of the car (but didn't)

f6fdb3e758ed2c3c0652f743c4e0cd9f.jpg


We also saw Mule Deer, Rocky Mt Sheep and Pronghorn Antelope all species that only live on the other side of the country

The Badlands were awesome in their beauty, scope and immenseness

(Mrs Ferret in a pose she has used all over the world when visiting things and places of immense beauty)

f36c324682749976f306f50ae48f03a8.jpg


After passing it several times over the years we finally stopped at Sturgis which will be booming in about a month with the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Saw the famous bars and camping areas you see in magazines and on TV

a3b95e7c5c4e0d6d80dab5d0245c0a42.jpg
 
Nice bufalo photos! So fun to see them in person. It's now been 5 years since I rode my '14 CB1100 through S. Dakota. Hot...and windy! I was very appreciative of the Honda Heft.
 
It is always wonderful to spend time with Ferret and his wife. They are amongst the truly great couples on the planet. I'm not sure I know another two people whose differences and similarities mesh together to create such a beautiful whole.

Mickey can use my bike any time he wants -- He's much nicer to it than I am and yest still gets through the turns faster and silkier than I could ever do.

I was sweeping on Jennifer's Indian during Ferret's ride trough Custer with Cheryl leading. I couldn't get good pictures during the "deliciously curving" parts, but note the significant gap between Ferret and bike #3 (which, by the way, had a malfunctioning brake light -- she was not braking on this curve). The next day, Cheryl was talking to my on our ride through our Bluetooth devices about "apexes", "entry point", and "exit speed". Oh and was busting me pretty good for touching the yellow line. These are the things that happen when riding with The Ferret.

aac0b3060343fca264030ee434e2e5c5.jpg
 
Sounds like a great trip, Ferret. Amazing scenery too.
 
You would never think a CB would be the bike for touring but it really is. With the right bars, seat and saddlebag brackets this bike will do it. The rider would quit before the CB ever will.
 
Back
Top