Kaoko Cruise Control Kit

17-CB-002

Been there
Thread starter
Just checking on whether any members ever purchased a Kaoko cruise control kit for a 2017 model year.

Any one purchased a Kaoko friction style cruise control?

From twisted throttle site, there are 2 models for CB1100.
I am a bit confused.
For 11-17 MY, the suggested model is KAO-HND-3019 (30mm/19mm).
For 14-15 My, the suggested model is KAO-HND-100C (no dimentions specs).

Personally, I thought ALL CB1100 used the same identical throttle system.

Any other Cruise Control makes that members would recommend?

Any one ever measured the handlebar inner & outer diameter?

Any other comments.
Thanks
 
Looking at the Kaoko site:

The 100C is Chrome for the Delux.

The 3019 is black and is listed for our bikes, that are not delux.

Our handlebars are 7/8 inch. Inside, I don't know. I guess 19mm (from the Kaoko site).

I have a BrakeAway on the CB and Throttlemiester on the ST.
 
Internal bar measurement is apparently 17.55 mm. See this post for that data 2013 Bar ID.. You might to read the rest of the thread remembering it is 3 years old.

You could also check some of the links here CB1100 Forum

I couldn't find any reference to the 3019 on the Kaoko site; only the one for the DLX.
 
Popgun, says it's for a VFR800. Does it fit the CB1100?

Alain, better wait until someone who's actually installed one posts. Neither popgun nor I have one. My $20 plastic throttle lock works pretty well when I need such a thing.
 
If you are asking me, I have no experience with the 2017 or the Kaoko. However, a perusal of the parts fiche shows the same part numbers for the internals of the damper for the '13 and the '17. Thus, the bars would seem to be the same diameter internally.

Kaoko site lists the 3019 for all models except the DLX. If you are still apprehensive, give them a call and verify.

IMO, they'll fit fine.

Keep in mind that you can easily remove a bar end and make your own measurements.
Cormanus, when you look on the page I linked, on the left it shows I searched on CB1100 and 3019 comes up.

When you select our bike from their listing (CB1100A on their list) it brings up the 3019. Fits more than one bike apparently. Which I can understand.

I know the above looks like the same thing twice. Its because I edited it.
 
I ordered one when I first got my 2013 std in 2015. Kaoko web site said it would fit, IF I remember correctly it was also listed as fitting the VFR800. After my best efforts and a lot of inventive words I couldn't get it to fit, I had installed this product on 2 previous bikes of mine plus my wife's so I had the procedure pretty well down.
I returned it and At THAT TIME they stopped listing it as fitting the CB1100, maybe things have changed.
I just use a cramp buster and am satisfied with that for my rides.
 
Based on 4 Paws' post, I would not order one unless I called them and asked about it.
 
Thanks popgun. You did better with the Kaoko site than me. I couldn't find it all the first time around.

There was one on the ST1300 I rented in the US. It was OK, but I never really bonded with it. I think it's because I'm so used to electronic cruise control in the car that the whole throttle lock seems rather primitive. The simple one I have does the trick on a long ride so I can give my had a rest, but it requires constant adjustment to maintain a set speed.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for your input gents,
I will have to measure the bar end internal diameter as per Kaoko's request.

Thank you for your email and interest in our products.[/b][/i][/i]

We suspect that you require our product HND100C but we have yet to confirm.

Could you please confirm your handle bar ID( internal diameter) and send us some photos of your bar end weight, fitted and removed?

We will advise upon your reply.

Kind Regards
Johan Kotzee
________________________________
KAOKO (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 1802, Bedfordview, 2007
Johannesburg, Gauteng Province[/i]
 
Alain Lee_imp said:
Just checking on whether any members ever purchased a Kaoko cruise control kit for a 2017 model year.

Any one purchased a Kaoko friction style cruise control?

From twisted throttle site, there are 2 models for CB1100.
I am a bit confused.
For 11-17 MY, the suggested model is KAO-HND-3019 (30mm/19mm).
For 14-15 My, the suggested model is KAO-HND-100C (no dimentions specs).

Personally, I thought ALL CB1100 used the same identical throttle system.

Any other Cruise Control makes that members would recommend?

Any one ever measured the handlebar inner & outer diameter?

Any other comments.
Thanks
Save your money and get the GoCruise 2 aluminum. The Kaoko looks sweet but it is pricey.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 
It has been my experience that the GoCruise (throttle lock) in sixth gear is only useful on flat roads. On hilly roads in overdrive the speed can vary considerably up and down hills. Fifth gear will be a little more constant, but burns a little more gas.

However it is useful to shake a cramped throttle hand, scratch a right side itch, or stand on the pegs to stretch a sore back or aching butt.
 
Back
Top