K&H Seat: - High Quality Stuff!

Huladog_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Several of us have gotten different K&H seats so you've seen photos of these high quality seats (we have to justify spending so much on a seat).

What's really impressive is the quality, details and care taken in constructing these seats. I had read their web site using Google Translate to get an idea of what they go through building one of our seats.

I just got my low seat (which I think is the same height as the stock seat in the Japan/Australia markets) and examining the BOTTOM of the seat pan I was IMPRESSED.

This is the overall view you may have seen in the Tall Seat thread. I think it was mentioned that they thought the pan was metal, it's "fiberglas reinforced plastic" which apparently is K&H's speciality, making high quality fiberglas parts. Smooth, polished, well finished everywhere. No heavy chopper-gun fiberglas pan like that other seat company.



Just unpacked the seat so the strap is still screwed underneath. Don't remember ordering the strap but I got it and it matches the top of the seat.

Check out the stainless hardware seat fittings and rubber bumpers.





Notice how neatly they attach the seat material to the pan with screws, no quick & dirty staple-gun used here.





Check out the stitching.



Like the Staintune slip-on this is high quality stuff that they took the time to build right. Relatively expensive, but once you examine it closely you realize you get what you pay for.

I've had seats from Mustang, Saddleman, Danny Gray, a custom Rick Mayer, but this K&H exudes quality like I haven't seen before.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
I ordered my K+H Hi double tuck roll from Takashi last week, black with red piping. Can anybody tell me for sure if the cover of the seat is real leather? Thanks
 
Thread starter
darmahman_imp said:
I ordered my K+H Hi double tuck roll from Takashi last week, black with red piping. Can anybody tell me for sure if the cover of the seat is real leather? Thanks
Although it looks good, I think the seat material is vinyl based on examining the passenger grab strap and how the top of the seat is embossed. You can probably get them to use real leather as an upgrade.

Someone else previously posted this image from the K&H site to show you what the red stitching looks like. My seat is lower in front and I don't have those aftermarket shocks, too:

b67b12eeb9839b44c2022701e58ff0da.jpg


Cost? Since it will vary with the Dollar = Yen exchange rate the seat itself is 600,000 yen = $602.43, red stitching 2,000 yen = $20.08, strap supposed to be another 2,000 yen. Plus postage to you but its pretty reasonable and fast. After Takashi emailed me that he shipped it took about three days to get to me.

Here are the choices for the CB1100, best to plug in the URLs into Google Translate to get a screwy but sometimes understandable translation:
Home - KandH

Want to go crazy with choices? How about colors of welt or stitches, etc.?
Home - KandH

Seat shapes?
Home - KandH

Customer bike?
Home - KandH

Feeling overwhelmed? Email Takashi at Samurider.com:
https://lolipop-274501a431768180.ss...U1OWMwMjM1NWQ1Xzc2​Ljg4LjE2My4xODJfMF9B

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Man, now I'm a but torn between the K&H seat that's a one seater with the vertical back part that slops down and the Chic trunk seat. I like the storage part about the trunk seat though.
 
How does the seat feel compared to the stock seat?
Does not "look" more comfortable, but am hoping that is only skin deep.
 
I have to say my k&h seat is so much nicer to sit on and the lady agrees (we took a ride yesterday) Now with that being said, i got the low and don't plan on taking a 500 mile trip on my bike in its current state.

I love the choice i made and wouldn't have done it any different. I am curious to hear how the high seat is as far as comfortablility
 
High seat seemed to be harder (less cushion) than the stock seat at first, but it breaks in with use and is way more comfortable on longer rides. The seat also provides more leg room for taller riders. My wife is very happy.
 
+1 CB4ME, my best purchase yet. Mine is leather for sure, I'm not sure K&H even offers vinyl. Smell when opening the box was unmistakable, and the quality, I don't think you can find better.
 
Huladog_imp said:
Several of us have gotten different K&H seats so you've seen photos of these high quality seats (we have to justify spending so much on a seat).

What's really impressive is the quality, details and care taken in constructing these seats. I had read their web site using Google Translate to get an idea of what they go through building one of our seats.

I just got my low seat (which I think is the same height as the stock seat in the Japan/Australia markets) and examining the BOTTOM of the seat pan I was IMPRESSED.

This is the overall view you may have seen in the Tall Seat thread. I think it was mentioned that they thought the pan was metal, it's "fiberglas reinforced plastic" which apparently is K&H's speciality, making high quality fiberglas parts. Smooth, polished, well finished everywhere. No heavy chopper-gun fiberglas pan like that other seat company.



Just unpacked the seat so the strap is still screwed underneath. Don't remember ordering the strap but I got it and it matches the top of the seat.

Check out the stainless hardware seat fittings and rubber bumpers.





Notice how neatly they attach the seat material to the pan with screws, no quick & dirty staple-gun used here.





Check out the stitching.



Like the Staintune slip-on this is high quality stuff that they took the time to build right. Relatively expensive, but once you examine it closely you realize you get what you pay for.

I've had seats from Mustang, Saddleman, Danny Gray, a custom Rick Mayer, but this K&H exudes quality like I haven't seen before.

Aloha,
Huladog
Hey Huladog, that seat looks awesome! I'm a newbie here but already accessorizing, I have an inseam of 30" so I'm wondering what your measurements are? I noticed you bought the low version of this seat, just want to make sure its right for me.

Thanks!
 
By 'low' I'm assuming it's lower than the stock seat? I'm hoping for something that us slightly lower than stock and doesn't push me towards the tank. I saw someone on here with a Daytona solo seat that looked nice but I haven't seen any reviews yet.
 
Thread starter
Quote:Hey Huladog, that seat looks awesome! I'm a newbie here but already accessorizing, I have an inseam of 30" so I'm wondering what your measurements are? I noticed you bought the low version of this seat, just want to make sure its right for me.

Thanks!
Seat is slightly lower than stock. My riding jeans are 29 inch inseam, but my wife says my regular jeans are only a 27 inch inseam, so yeah you're be fine at 30 inch inseam!

You could get the "stock low" seat that Samurider has from the Australia/Japan market since I believe that seat is lower than the American market seat.

Of course, then you can't spend $$ customizing the K&H seat just the way you want it!

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Huladog_imp said:
Quote:Hey Huladog, that seat looks awesome! I'm a newbie here but already accessorizing, I have an inseam of 30" so I'm wondering what your measurements are? I noticed you bought the low version of this seat, just want to make sure its right for me.

Thanks!
Seat is slightly lower than stock. My riding jeans are 29 inch inseam, but my wife says my regular jeans are only a 27 inch inseam, so yeah you're be fine at 30 inch inseam!

You could get the "stock low" seat that Samurider has from the Australia/Japan market since I believe that seat is lower than the American market seat.

Of course, then you can't spend $$ customizing the K&H seat just the way you want it!

Aloha,
Huladog
Seat is slightly lower than stock. My riding jeans are 29 inch inseam, but my wife says my regular jeans are only a 27 inch inseam, so yeah you're be fine at 30 inch inseam!

You could get the "stock low" seat that Samurider has from the Australia/Japan market since I believe that seat is lower than the American market seat.

Of course, then you can't spend $$ customizing the K&H seat just the way you want it!

Aloha,
Huladog i really like the one you've got! I'd like to go with it, exactly the way you have it w/ the stitching. Is their a model number etc.?
 
Huladog_imp said:
Several of us have gotten different K&H seats so you've seen photos of these high quality seats (we have to justify spending so much on a seat).

What's really impressive is the quality, details and care taken in constructing these seats. I had read their web site using Google Translate to get an idea of what they go through building one of our seats.

I just got my low seat (which I think is the same height as the stock seat in the Japan/Australia markets) and examining the BOTTOM of the seat pan I was IMPRESSED.

This is the overall view you may have seen in the Tall Seat thread. I think it was mentioned that they thought the pan was metal, it's "fiberglas reinforced plastic" which apparently is K&H's speciality, making high quality fiberglas parts. Smooth, polished, well finished everywhere. No heavy chopper-gun fiberglas pan like that other seat company.



Just unpacked the seat so the strap is still screwed underneath. Don't remember ordering the strap but I got it and it matches the top of the seat.

Check out the stainless hardware seat fittings and rubber bumpers.





Notice how neatly they attach the seat material to the pan with screws, no quick & dirty staple-gun used here.





Check out the stitching.



Like the Staintune slip-on this is high quality stuff that they took the time to build right. Relatively expensive, but once you examine it closely you realize you get what you pay for.

I've had seats from Mustang, Saddleman, Danny Gray, a custom Rick Mayer, but this K&H exudes quality like I haven't seen before.

Aloha,
Huladog
Nice seat!
 
Back
Top