June 1, 2015 Trailridge Road Ride

Redbird_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I did this ride back on June 1st. I needed to go to Estes Park to get my license plate for the CB, the paper plate had only 4 more days left. Trail Ridge road in Rocky Mtn. Nat. Park had recently opened so I thought, why not check it out. I entered the park and stopped at a lower elevation pull out.

A short walk gave me this view of Long's Peak
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-4Bv92Mq/A]
Well, I can't just let my ride sit
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-DXMHWsX/A]
So I rode a ways to another pull out.
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-qXjdbXk/A]
Here you can still see the mark of the Lawn Lake flood.
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-XNwHqKS/A]
On up the road. Now we are getting high. Here is Long's Peak again.
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-g453svz/A]
Along with other peaks
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-RtRGqrr/A]
There was still some snow at the edge of the road.
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-hCC4RCN/A]
At the "tourist trap" at the top of Trail Ridge I met some Australian Riders who had rented bikes in the Denver area for 3 weeks of riding. Several BMW GS versions, a KTM and a Tiger.
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-p38vvc6/A]

[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-4Bm4TVr/A]
I told them that I hoped they had a grand time here, and one replied "How could we not?" Too right!
Well, one more photo of Long's Peak
[url=http://redbirdpics.smugmug.com/Trailridge-Rd-6115-ride/i-hz9NJ7F/A]
and it was time to head back to Estes Park and home.
 
What great mountains you have in the USA. Thanks Redbird.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Great pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Show me motorcycles and mountains together and I'm hooked.
Could not agree more Rocky. :thumbsup:

Simply stunning!
 
Wow, great ride. Hope I get a chance to get up there this year, I haven't been over Trail Ridge in 30 or more years. Didn't realize it was open by Jun. 1. Must have been a bit cold up there still. That sky looks like one of those where you get all four seasons in just a few hours time. Looks like you had big fun.
 
Beautiful! I just did that drive with my family two summers back. In a car, unfortunately, but wonderful just the same. Minus the motorcycle, you pictures look just like mine. :)
 
Back
Top