Janus Halcyon 450

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
While at the Gilmore show back in June; Janus had a booth setup with their bikes. I was drawn to the styling & craftsmanship. These are made to order with plenty of options. Oh… pricey too. After some thought and research, put down a deposit. Got a notification that my bike was on the assembly stand. They setup a Google Photo album and pass along updates.
 
Pretty neat….
d744e87e265b7d579694e0b30c039193.png
ebd9b54c5317b462b9087d6d245264da.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That is actually a really awesome touch ....I didn't know that's how they processed the orders. I've been drawn to those little bikes for some time myself but I just can't get over the price for a Chinese motor and carburetor on the 250 models.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
That is actually a really awesome touch ....I didn't know that's how they processed the orders. I've been drawn to those little bikes for some time myself but I just can't get over the price for a Chinese motor and carburetor on the 250 models.
This!

I'm intrigued by Janus and the idea of a lightweight and even carbonated 250cc engine (even if it's made in China), basically going back to basics but the price is a lot to overcome.

I've been thinking of getting a 2021 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor for around $3500, it reminds me a lot of the old Honda CB650's.

2019 Royal Enfield INT650 and Continental GT | Road Test Review | Rider Magazine

Razor_imp said:
While at the Gilmore show back in June; Janus had a booth setup with their bikes. I was drawn to the styling & craftsmanship. These are made to order with plenty of options. Oh… pricey too. After some thought and research, put down a deposit. Got a notification that my bike was on the assembly stand. They setup a Google Photo album and pass along updates.
Thanks for starting this thread I'm intrigued by Janus, please keep this thread updated.

Any idea how long before you get the bike?
 
SmallCityDave_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
That is actually a really awesome touch ....I didn't know that's how they processed the orders. I've been drawn to those little bikes for some time myself but I just can't get over the price for a Chinese motor and carburetor on the 250 models.
This!

I'm intrigued by Janus and the idea of a lightweight and even carbonated 250cc engine (even if it's made in China), basically going back to basics but the price is a lot to overcome.

I've been thinking of getting a 2021 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor for around $3500, it reminds me a lot of the old Honda CB650's.

2019 Royal Enfield INT650 and Continental GT | Road Test Review | Rider Magazine

Razor_imp said:
While at the Gilmore show back in June; Janus had a booth setup with their bikes. I was drawn to the styling & craftsmanship. These are made to order with plenty of options. Oh… pricey too. After some thought and research, put down a deposit. Got a notification that my bike was on the assembly stand. They setup a Google Photo album and pass along updates.
Thanks for starting this thread I'm intrigued by Janus, please keep this thread updated.

Any idea how long before you get the bike?
The interceptors are definitely a better value for the money, even purchased at New MSRP. 7k vs 10k and you get something fuel injected and more reliable.....plus you can't beat the sound of a 270 crank twin compared to a thumper.

Keep in mind everything I'm saying is about the Janus 250 and Razors original post is about their new 450. I don't even know if the 450 is still Chinese. It might be way better.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
SmallCityDave_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
That is actually a really awesome touch ....I didn't know that's how they processed the orders. I've been drawn to those little bikes for some time myself but I just can't get over the price for a Chinese motor and carburetor on the 250 models.
This!

I'm intrigued by Janus and the idea of a lightweight and even carbonated 250cc engine (even if it's made in China), basically going back to basics but the price is a lot to overcome.

I've been thinking of getting a 2021 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor for around $3500, it reminds me a lot of the old Honda CB650's.

2019 Royal Enfield INT650 and Continental GT | Road Test Review | Rider Magazine

Razor_imp said:
While at the Gilmore show back in June; Janus had a booth setup with their bikes. I was drawn to the styling & craftsmanship. These are made to order with plenty of options. Oh… pricey too. After some thought and research, put down a deposit. Got a notification that my bike was on the assembly stand. They setup a Google Photo album and pass along updates.
Thanks for starting this thread I'm intrigued by Janus, please keep this thread updated.

Any idea how long before you get the bike?
The interceptors are definitely a better value for the money, even purchased at New MSRP. 7k vs 10k and you get something fuel injected and more reliable.....plus you can't beat the sound of a 270 crank twin compared to a thumper.

Keep in mind everything I'm saying is about the Janus 250 and Razors original post is about their new 450. I don't even know if the 450 is still Chinese. It might be way better.
The interceptors are definitely a better value for the money, even purchased at New MSRP. 7k vs 10k and you get something fuel injected and more reliable.....plus you can't beat the sound of a 270 crank twin compared to a thumper.

Keep in mind everything I'm saying is about the Janus 250 and Razors original post is about their new 450. I don't even know if the 450 is still Chinese. It might be way better.
I think the 450 is made in China and is fuel injected.
 
Still getting it fuel injected is a big step up, Lifan motor or not. It just seems like there's every reason they could sell these for 6k instead of 12. It's probably the hand-assembly-to-order that's really the bulk of the cost.
 
Thread starter
The A-man_imp said:
Thanks for sharing, Razor. Perhaps we'll see it in person at the 2024 rally?
Good chance I’ll bring it, and ride it.
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Still getting it fuel injected is a big step up, Lifan motor or not. It just seems like there's every reason they could sell these for 6k instead of 12. It's probably the hand-assembly-to-order that's really the bulk of the cost.
It’s a Honda XR400 clone, air/oil cooled, dry sump system, 5 speed gearbox, and yes; it’s fuel injected (meets EPA requirements).
They use local Amish businesses/craftsmen. At the recent owners rally, they took you around to some of the places where parts are fabricated. The fenders were cool to see being formed & detailed. The level of personal service is outstanding.
 
Razor_imp said:
The A-man_imp said:
Thanks for sharing, Razor. Perhaps we'll see it in person at the 2024 rally?
Good chance I’ll bring it, and ride it.
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Still getting it fuel injected is a big step up, Lifan motor or not. It just seems like there's every reason they could sell these for 6k instead of 12. It's probably the hand-assembly-to-order that's really the bulk of the cost.
It’s a Honda XR400 clone, air/oil cooled, dry sump system, 5 speed gearbox, and yes; it’s fuel injected (meets EPA requirements).
They use local Amish businesses/craftsmen. At the recent owners rally, they took you around to some of the places where parts are fabricated. The fenders were cool to see being formed & detailed. The level of personal service is outstanding.
Good chance I’ll bring it, and ride it.
...
That should be something fun to gawk over.
 
Razor_imp said:
The A-man_imp said:
Thanks for sharing, Razor. Perhaps we'll see it in person at the 2024 rally?
Good chance I’ll bring it, and ride it.
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Still getting it fuel injected is a big step up, Lifan motor or not. It just seems like there's every reason they could sell these for 6k instead of 12. It's probably the hand-assembly-to-order that's really the bulk of the cost.
It’s a Honda XR400 clone, air/oil cooled, dry sump system, 5 speed gearbox, and yes; it’s fuel injected (meets EPA requirements).
They use local Amish businesses/craftsmen. At the recent owners rally, they took you around to some of the places where parts are fabricated. The fenders were cool to see being formed & detailed. The level of personal service is outstanding.
this just tipped me off to where i've seen this motor before. Genuine uses it too in the G400C

 
Really eager to see that bike Razor! have always liked small displacement bikes but rarely have an opportunity to ride one. Kind of a byproduct of learning on a 750cc bike (!!) and not looking back.
 
Thread starter
Tail light looked too modern, so sourced one that had that “old school feel”

Before


After
 
Looks like lots of goodness happening there, Razor. Can't wait to perhaps sitting down with drink in hand and hearing the lump fire up.
 
Thread starter
Thanks

I can’t seem to leave anything alone. Already changed the taillight, adjusted the handlebars, pretty serious about a kick start and just recently; made some bar end weights. Janus offers a stainless set, but thought brass would fit its personality better. Hope they tarnish a bit with time. Took it on a 50 mile ride yesterday; I could feel the difference between 4200-6000rpm…. kinda cool!

Some pics





 
Amazing abilities Razor. Very cool looking bike.
 
Back
Top