Jan 17 CB ride

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Can't believe what a great January we are having for motorcycle riding. Today 52 degrees for a high, sunny skies, just an awesome day (although we are having wind gusts to 32 mph).

My brother rolled out his Bonnie and I grabbed the CB for a ride this afternoon. This would be my first ride with the NC Street Shield EX that I had cut 4 1/4" off the top of.

First stop was the Country Inn for lunch in a little town about 30 miles east of where I live.



After lunch we headed south down a nice curvy country road we know that dumps out at the Ohio river.

it was then east for 8 miles along the river to a little town we like to stop at for a hot tea break and to sit on the benches to watch the river flow. So much of the riding in our area centers around this river, you're either riding beside it, or heading towards it, it seems. Rarely is it in your rear view mirrors.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan17CBride010_zpsd816b2d5.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Jan17CBride005_zpse639385f.jpg.html]

After our thermoses were empty it was west along the river till we got to a nice road that goes uphill (north) thru a bunch of curves and eventually ends up over near my brothers house.

we split up when we get to another curvy road I know and he continues west while I head back east thru the curves to home.

Pretty happy with the trimmed shield. Not perfect, still a little too much noise, but much better IMO. Would hate to cut it anymore and just end up with a narrow band of windshield. We shall see...

102 miles today..in the middle of January. 12th day I've been able to ride this January compared to 1 last January. Unbelievable.
 
Thread starter
Another thing I noticed today after not being on the CB for awile...the CB handles so lightly, and shifts and clutches so smoothly. It really is a dream to ride.
 
Very nice. I want so desperately to hop on my CB and go for a spin. This darn cold still has me hacking and my nose is running like a faucet. Wouldn't be a pretty sight inside my helmet. It's great to see and read about you getting out for a ride. Thanks!
 
Every time I get on it, I'm very pleased indeed that it isn't a dream. :D
 
I can't do the long trips, but I did do a short one, 50 degrees in January has to be good for something!

 
Thread starter
I agree with Inline4. .. Your bike looks great offroad
 
I got out today myself because I am having serious withdraws of not riding in a while. I got a new national cycle dx screen and wanted to try it out but it was hard to tell much about it because the wind blew me all over the place. :-/ Got my CB11 late in the year and not had a real good chance to really bond with it and fiddle with clutch, brake and shifter adjustments and what not. I tinkered with some of that stuff today trying to get it adjusted the way I want it.

Other than the wind, I had a great ride today and really really like the CB11. I just find little to gripe about on this bike. Yes, I can nit pick a few little things but my ride today confirms why I bought it. Zero regrets. :D

I did not realize until today that this thing has flashers. :rolleyes: Also, by re reading this thread I realized I dont have a 32 mm socket for the rear wheel so I will have to pick one of those up. I have all kinds of tools but you never seem to have enough.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I agree with Inline4. .. Your bike looks great offroad
Thanks! I need to finish with the muffler, but other than that I'm pretty happy with it the way it is.

They need to make an adjustable baffle like on the engine of an F-16 :-)

 
Ice locked purgatory in my neck of the woods. Last ride on the CB was new years day! Very jealous Mr. Ferret. And love your bike Offroad.
 
It's great that the weather has allowed you to get out for the occasional ride :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
No such luck here in the land of ice and snow.
It's -10C (14F) here this morning.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Another thing I noticed today after not being on the CB for awile...the CB handles so lightly, and shifts and clutches so smoothly. It really is a dream to ride.
I was able to get out on Friday for a very short ride, I do take for granted how enjoyable this bike is to ride.
 
Offroad, I think your bike looks great onroad.

Groan.

Sorry.
 
Back
Top