Jacking Under The Engine...

Bazbro_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm soon to fit Wyvern 4-into-4 exhausts / silencers.

I'm able to raise and hold the front of the 'bike up by means of a hoist. I have to remove the centre stand as part of fitting these exhausts, so I propose to use a car trolley jack - with a flat piece of hardwood between jack and underneath.

I've done this very successfully on my 250 YDS3 Yamaha, but not with a 'bike as weighty as the CB. I'm not concerned about the weight per se, it's the 'wobble factor'!

Question 1. Has anyone done this swap and how did you support the back end of the CB?

Question 2. Did you remove the rear wheel?

Question 3. Has anyone used a jack under the CB, in which case, what did you bear upon on the 'bike?

Thanks.
 
Q1: No and N/A
Q2: N/A
Q3: Yes. I use a jack under the bike when I have to take the front wheel off. There are fins under the engine near the oil drain plug and I rest a piece of timber tween them and the jack. All good so far.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Q1: No and N/A
Q2: N/A
Q3: Yes. I use a jack under the bike when I have to take the front wheel off. There are fins under the engine near the oil drain plug and I rest a piece of timber tween them and the jack. All good so far.
Thanks, Cormanus. :thumbsup:

Yup, that'll be what I do, like my Yamaha. And I'll steady the plot with my trusty hoist.
 
Back
Top