J3's polls, #3, pillions

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Yes, you guessed it, #2 wasn't the last poll in our mini series of .... tickling out your inner to the outer. This one is all about your feelings towards to the most delicate subject in the motorcycle business.
Please, be as honest as you can, and don't you ever post without voting first.
We are looking for at least 200 votes in the first few days, OKAY ?
Here we go ...
 
I am a widower now, but in the earlier days my wife had no desire whatsoever to get on a motorcycle.
She always said, "Enjoy yourself and have fun, but don't ever ask me to get on that thing!" :D:D:D
 
We ride together often but not on the CB. I took her on one CB ride to show her what it's like but it's too small for two up in my opinion. If we were 40 years younger.....Well I'd be doing a lot of things I don't do now if I were 40 years younger. :D
 
Happy to take a pillion, I have a set of rules for them though, we go through it and that's it. On the CB as well, Mrs is happy to come along, I wouldn't carry a spare helmet with me to pick up random people but if a buddy on a ride has a flat, run out of gas, bike breaks down, I'll give them a lift.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
For the first time, my wife has been showing an inkling of interest in riding on one of my bikes. She spends a great deal of time at her Mom's place, which is in a remote part of a small town in north San Diego County. The neighbor couple, who are very sweet and lend a lot of help to us, both ride, and enjoy the gorgeous roads in the area.

They have apparently been asking my wife why she doesn't ride with me, and telling her she'd probably enjoy it quite a bit. They have even gone so far as to offer to let me store one of my bikes in their garage, to hide it from Mom, who would not approve, so that I can enjoy riding around the hills in the area and let my wife try riding with me. I'd like it to happen, but am not pushing at all.

I asked my wife if she wanted her Christmas present to be her own helmet... she's mulling it over.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
For the first time, my wife has been showing an inkling of interest in riding on one of my bikes. She spends a great deal of time at her Mom's place, which is in a remote part of a small town in north San Diego County. The neighbor couple, who are very sweet and lend a lot of help to us, both ride, and enjoy the gorgeous roads in the area.

They have apparently been asking my wife why she doesn't ride with me, and telling her she'd probably enjoy it quite a bit. They have even gone so far as to offer to let me store one of my bikes in their garage, to hide it from Mom, who would not approve, so that I can enjoy riding around the hills in the area and let my wife try riding with me. I'd like it to happen, but am not pushing at all.

I asked my wife if she wanted her Christmas present to be her own helmet... she's mulling it over.
How many seconds did the mulling last? :D
 
I'm extremely lucky. My wife's parents were Goldwing riders, and would travel all over the country going to WingDing events in the summers. My wife and her sister got to go for plenty of rides when they were growing up. From the time my wife and I met, we have enjoyed riding together for date nights.

If you have daughters or even granddaughters, get them to ride with you. Their future mates will love you for it!
 
My Father-in-Law commuted by motorcycle for about 20 years. But, Mom-in-Law won't hear of me riding. I'm careful not to mention motorcycles or wear motorcycle-related shirts when I visit.
 
When first married, we had just her bike a 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 and we took turns riding pillion. When we got back into riding 17 years ago we bought two bikes, neither of us likes riding two up.
 
My wife used to ride her own bike but as she got older she felt she was too old to ride her 250 Ninja anymore.

In the last few years she has shown interest in wanting to ride with me. But my hoard of bikes at the time was not indicative of comfort for the passenger or had no option to ride a passenger. That was one of the major reasons I bought the CB1100. We have done a few rides and it was pretty comfy for us. maybe a little tight but we are not long distance riders just a short ride around town is all we do.

When I met my wife she had never ridden or had a ride on any motorcycle. He first ride was on my 86 Honda VFR.
 
There is no one applicable answer for me in your poll. My wife has her own bike, so the issue has never come up. She jokes that she would ride behind our safer (perceived) riding friend Glen, but the reality is that she wouldn’t be comfortable in riding pillion on any bike. As for me, the poll answer most applicable would be some combination of #2-5
 
Thread starter
I don’t know tapatalk at all, sorry. Yes, on a browser, the poll always shows at the top of the first page of a thread. Are there any settings in tapatalk which could block jscript or other active parts of a page ? Can they be changed in the UI ?
 
j3gq_imp said:
I don’t know tapatalk at all, sorry. Yes, on a browser, the poll always shows at the top of the first page of a thread. Are there any settings in tapatalk which could block jscript or other active parts of a page ? Can they be changed in the UI ?
I don't know browsers at all, and I suspect many people here login through the app. That may explain the the discrepancy between the views and votes. There are no settings at play here, the app probably has limited features


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Tod, it looks like Tapatalk only supports polls in some forums, so there's no way to see it or vote on it. If you want to cast a vote, post a request in a thread somewhere and I'll edit the poll numbers. I won't be able to include your name in the poll results which means there'll be a discrepancy for those given to worrying about these things.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Tod, it looks like Tapatalk only supports polls in some forums, so there's no way to see it or vote on it. If you want to cast a vote, post a request in a thread somewhere and I'll edit the poll numbers. I won't be able to include your name in the poll results which means there'll be a discrepancy for those given to worrying about these things.
Thank you. It's ok, my vote will hardly make a difference

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Mrs Ferret has ridden with me since Nov 1972....all over the US, 2 provinces of Canada and 5 countries in Europe.

1977
47fde22c874dc707d282413051db92ac.jpg


a27d3c28ca730a0968988debeac4c116.jpg


2010
362ecb65d6a2786e4828513f4d630854.jpg


2020
86179f1b4c5a2a113903b8bf44426a63.jpg
 
Back
Top